List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
As it stands, would we trade pick 3 to the giants for their 10 and 14?
I probably wouldn't, but it all depends on what we'd do with 10 and 14.

If, for example, we've done a deal with Freo to bring in Hill for 10, and we're confident there will be a player that fills a need will still be available at 14, then sure, but if we're just going to take 10 and 14 to the draft, I'd probably prefer pick 3

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Tom Cutler anyone? Seems out of favour at Brisbane.

Good ball user from what I've seen and has a bit of pace.

Could be a decent fit to play the outside runner role we desperately need and probably wouldn't cost too much.
Yep, definitely. I've been big on him for a few years, and there were rumours that we were into him a couple of years back when he was Best 22 for Bris and would have cost a bit to get him out of there, would be buying low to get him this year.

Yep, definitely. I've been big on him for a few years, and there were rumours that we were into him a couple of years back when he was Best 22 for Bris and would have cost a bit to get him out of there, would be buying low to get him this year.
The definition of a role player? And preferably and outside role player at that.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
The definition of a role player? And preferably and outside role player at that.
Yeah, plays mostly wing/half back, very much the outside player. I think he'd compliment KK on the other wing quite well, KK the better kick, but Cutler has more dash about him.

So I guess our big question is, can we turn him into an inside mid?

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
As it stands, would we trade pick 3 to the giants for their 10 and 14?
I think I would seriously consider it. There is a few players to be found in the first round, imv. As most years.

Having really good support around the club, is what we've lacked in past decades for our kids to develop within. And a strong supportive culture.
And not a 'boys' led club.
Holywood it aint, and shouldn't be.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think I would seriously consider it. There is a few players to be found in the first round, imv. As most years.

Having really good support around the club, is what we've lacked in past decades for our kids to develop within. And a strong supportive culture.
And not a 'boys' led club.
Holywood it aint, and shouldn't be.
Go on tell me a handful of players whove come on this year from last? Or tell me any player who hasnt got worse after having their natural game beaten out of em after the first couple years.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The strongest whispers I've heard re targets for this offseason are Langdon from Freo and Z Jones from the Swans.

Neither are A-graders but they'd both improve our team imo in areas we are weak in, namely run and carry and outside midfield depth.

If we could somehow keep our early first rounder and add those two, I'd be pretty happy with that outcome.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The strongest whispers I've heard re targets for this offseason are Langdon from Freo and Z Jones from the Swans.

Neither are A-graders but they'd both improve our team imo in areas we are weak in, namely run and carry and outside midfield depth.

If we could somehow keep our early first rounder and add those two, I'd be pretty happy with that outcome.
Would people be ok if we traded our first for 2 later firsts and traded 1 each for Jones and Langdon?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Would people be ok if we traded our first for 2 later firsts and traded 1 each for Jones and Langdon?
I don’t think I would be okay. I would be a broken person and never recover

Zak Jones is a poor mans Brayshaw though.

Yes he has a bit of pace but his kicking is terrible.

Do we need another bad kick?

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Id rather us trade Brayshaw for Langdon and get a pick that Swans are willing to take in a 3 way trade. Lose Brayshaw get Langdon and Zones while still keeping our early pick.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne

Agree. Adding these 2 would remind me of when Richmond added Prestia Caddy and Nankervis at the end of 2016. All 3 werent star players but solid role players who contributed towatds their 2017 flag.

Adding Langdon, Jones and maybe someone like a Tom Cutler as depth and pick 3 already improves our side.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Agree. Adding these 2 would remind me of when Richmond added Prestia Caddy and Nankervis at the end of 2016. All 3 werent star players but solid role players who contributed towatds their 2017 flag.

Adding Langdon, Jones and maybe someone like a Tom Cutler as depth and pick 3 already improves our side.
I don't see how we can add those 2 and keep pick 3

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think we need to retain our first rounder for a young gun from the draft. Anything outside of that is fair game. But we can't keep ignoring the top end of the draft. When was the last time we actually had a rising star nom? And gun youths can often inspire senior players to get better and reenergise the group.
Stack was a supplemental pick, we need to get better at recruiting first

We’re heavy into both these two. Swans want points for academy players.

Back