List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Classic bigfooty though, I want good players but I don't want to give up anything
When have I ever said I want good players? I don’t mind potatoes. They feel familiar and comfortable. Not to mention that I’m adopting the safe position here in terms of disappointment - good players have multiple options and I’m struggling to see why they would want Melbourne.

I would prefer to hang onto Brayshaw if it is at all possible.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Losing Brayshaw would be a pretty hard pill to swallow. But if we want a Brad Hill type then it’s a possible trade.
Also I think we need to use a first this year. Whether we downgrade or not is another story.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Anderson, Hill and Hill for pick 2, Brayshaw and steaknives?

I would do it, no idea how good Anderson is or could be but we need another highly touted young kid in so i think we have to take pick 2 to the draft.

Hill and Hill adds pace, skill and some run.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Anderson, Hill and Hill for pick 2, Brayshaw and steaknives?

I would do it, no idea how good Anderson is or could be but we need another highly touted young kid in so i think we have to take pick 2 to the draft.

Hill and Hill adds pace, skill and some run.

The we have the wagners McDonald’s and hills

Do I remain team Wagner 🤔

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Our relationship with Freo is shattered!

We are going to struggle to get a deal done for Langdon let alone sending Brayshaw somewhere he doesn’t want to go.

Boris- you seem to hear the odd snippet of players the Dees are chasing but do you know of any Dees players who may be wanting to leave? I’ve heard Brayshaw isn’t thrilled with Goody (not suggesting he wants to leave at all though).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

Boris- you seem to hear the odd snippet of players the Dees are chasing but do you know of any Dees players who may be wanting to leave? I’ve heard Brayshaw isn’t thrilled with Goody (not suggesting he wants to leave at all though).

I don't really blame him, had a good season last year and is now being played out of position, he may very well be open to a move to another club.

A few months back I mentioned that a player was keen to go to Freo but didn’t want to mention who it was. I haven’t heard anything concrete to confirm this but that player was AVB. As I said at the time, very left field.

I can also confirm that at least 3 players have been told they won’t be required for next year. No confirmation of who yet but you can probably work them out.

Freo are going to struggle to attract players with a cloud hanging over Rossco’s head. They are desperate to land Kelly so there may be an opportunity to exploit them somewhat.

My gut tells me that we will be looking to downgrade our first for a multitude of picks and use them for our moves.

GC are going to go nuts trying to get players this year, watch out for the fire sale.

Our relationship with Freo is shattered!

We are going to struggle to get a deal done for Langdon let alone sending Brayshaw somewhere he doesn’t want to go.
how is our relationship shattered with Freo?

because they bent us over for Hogan? or are they pissed at us?

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
A few months back I mentioned that a player was keen to go to Freo but didn’t want to mention who it was. I haven’t heard anything concrete to confirm this but that player was AVB. As I said at the time, very left field.

I can also confirm that at least 3 players have been told they won’t be required for next year. No confirmation of who yet but you can probably work them out.

Freo are going to struggle to attract players with a cloud hanging over Rossco’s head. They are desperate to land Kelly so there may be an opportunity to exploit them somewhat.

My gut tells me that we will be looking to downgrade our first for a multitude of picks and use them for our moves.

GC are going to go nuts trying to get players this year, watch out for the fire sale.

Are u sure thats true with Vanders.. he was so close to going to Sydney last year because he was going to be closer to his mother to help her run his father's business after he suddenly passed away last year.
His brother left for the Navy which left alone by herself. Last year Vanders was doing the paperwork and the phones for his fathers business (while in rehab) just to keep it on track and ease the stress on his mother.
During the trade period he went home to be with his mother and got her blessing to stay in melbourne and continue with the footy club, hence why he signed his 3 year deal.

Vanders still does some phone work for their business but its not as hecticas it was last year.

Cannot see why all of a sudden Vanders would then move to the other side of the country.

because they bent us over for Hogan? or are they pi**ed at us?

That whole debacle last year got really nasty. Freo treated a few clubs like s**t and they all banded together to try and screw Freo over.

Are u sure thats true with Vanders.. he was so close to going to Sydney last year because he was going to be closer to his mother to help her run his father's business after he suddenly passed away last year.
His brother left for the Navy which left alone by herself. Last year Vanders was doing the paperwork and the phones for his fathers business (while in rehab) just to keep it on track and ease the stress on his mother.
During the trade period he went home to be with his mother and got her blessing to stay in melbourne and continue with the footy club, hence why he signed his 3 year deal.

Vanders still does some phone work for their business but its not as hecticas it was last year.

Cannot see why all of a sudden Vanders would then move to the other side of the country.

No that’s why I didn’t say anything at the time. Basically a tradie working on a site claimed to be a mate of his and that he wants to go to Freo. Confirmed that he’s a mate but not the rumour.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

because they bent us over for Hogan? or are they pi**ed at us?
Maybe we can get our first round pick this year, would have been nice to have had a mid to late teens pick last year when Carlton were looking to trade firsts

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
No that’s why I didn’t say anything at the time. Basically a tradie working on a site claimed to be a mate of his and that he wants to go to Freo. Confirmed that he’s a mate but not the rumour.
* few years back i got slaughtered on here when a mate working with Hogans brother on the mines said he wanted to come back to perth. This is just some tradie on site * me the stories you hear on site could write a best seller if i knew proper ringrish

Back