List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ya reckon there'd be anyway we could get Deledio to come out of retirement if we can get Burgess to have a look and a yarn. I know hes always injured but would be worth the punt over some crab we have on the list. I know it wont happen cause melbourne dont do that sorta s**t

I'd give an arm and a leg for a Vince type pickup - mature, kicks well off both feet and a fierce tackler

Not that there's any to trade for like him this year, but christ he was a good pickup for this footy club. Essentially lost Sylvia for him if my memory is correct.
Always have love for Bernie Vince, came to us when nobody else would, and was fantastic.

Although a hard runner is important, what is more important is a skilled user of the footy. I think that we look especially sluggish this year because nobody trusts each other to execute the fundamentals and therefore nobody does the running. Why did we score so much and so freely last year with more or less the same crop of players? Its a vicious cycle and we are at the bottom of a pretty severe downswing.

Watching a team like Brisbane at the moment is so refreshing and reminds me of how well we were playing last year. We ran in waves, we ran FORWARD with confidence, we backed each other and we kicked goals.

I kind of agree that we shouldn't panic, small tweaks can make a big difference, especially with a young team (which I think we often forget how young our core is). Trading Brayshaw or Trac falls into this category for me, we need to back these extremely talented players in, not sell them when their value is low. This club has shown it's been very active in the trade period, so I have no doubt we have a plan to target a few players. Langdon will be a good get, but any other player we target must be an excellent user and have a good footy brain.

Watching Sidebottom nail that 25m handball after weaving past a few tacklers that resulted in a goal reminded me of how little this happens at the dees. Oliver last year was doing this, but not this year. We need players with skill and vision. Please go get some.

Always have love for Bernie Vince, came to us when nobody else would, and was fantastic.
That was the definition of a win-win trade. Everyone loved Bernie but he was stagnating and his football definitely picked up after moving to the Dees. And we got Matt Crouch after surrendering our draft picks that year. Good all round.

That was the definition of a win-win trade. Everyone loved Bernie but he was stagnating and his football definitely picked up after moving to the Dees. And we got Matt Crouch after surrendering our draft picks that year. Good all round.
Win win for Melbourne / Adelaide - doubt Freo thought the same. If I recall they got Colin Sylvia out of that manoeuvre

Just watched some trade talk on the AFL website. Said that B Hill a lock for the Saints and Jenkins could be good fit for the Demons. No talk about Langdon from Freo though.

Just watched some trade talk on the AFL website. Said that B Hill a lock for the Saints and Jenkins could be good fit for the Demons. No talk about Langdon from Freo though.

If Hill goes there’s more cash to throw at Langdon. Good chance Freo pays him well overs to stay.

I will get laughed off but I would take Jenkins, especially if Adelaide pay some of the $550k. He averages 2 goals a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will get laughed off but I would take Jenkins, especially if Adelaide pay some of the $550k. He averages 2 goals a game
You're right, I did laugh at this, but not enough to laugh you off the page.

At 31 next year, and dropped several times this year by the Crows, he would have to be pretty damn cheap to interest me.

Looks like Mason Wood could be up for trade at the end of the year, Roos looking at getting value for him before he becomes a free agent next year.

Looks like Mason Wood could be up for trade at the end of the year, Roos looking at getting value for him before he becomes a free agent next year.

Haven't seen him do anything good in the games I've watched.

See I would take him for the right price. He has all the talent just hasn't clicked for him. Beautiful left foot kick and has pace. If they want a pick in the 30s or 40s I'd kick it over

See I would take him for the right price. He has all the talent just hasn't clicked for him. Beautiful left foot kick and has pace. If they want a pick in the 30s or 40s I'd kick it over

Agree, I reckon he can play. Would much rather take a punt on a talented but inconsistent player over another solid citizen who will never be AFL level.

Jenkins is utter trash. Will play 1 dominant game a year (Normally in a big win or something similar) that will tease you and then go missing the rest of the year when the heat is on. His goals per game output reminds me of Ty Vickery, impressive on the surface but deeply misleading. Like Ty, JJ prefers goals out the back and does nothing that you structurally expect and need from a big man, like consistently creating a contest in the air, crashing packs or any kind of physical presence on the field.

Strong, strong no from me.

I'd be ok with the suns getting the PP if we can get Martin off em cheap
Martin is going to command ridiculous money for very little output

He has more talent than nearly anyone on our list, arguably the most
talent is a dirty word.

Especially when you will be 25 at the start of the next season and to be totally frank have delivered absolutely * all for all of you career.

Got dropped from Gold Coast last week, he is a poor mans Aaron Hall

talent is a dirty word.

Especially when you will be 25 at the start of the next season and to be totally frank have delivered absolutely fu** all for all of you career.

Got dropped from Gold Coast last week, he is a poor mans Aaron Hall
Except he hasn't delivered * all. He's played quite a few ripping games for a basket case of a side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back