List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is once you’ve been the chief it’s pretty hard to go back to being just an Indian. McCartney was a prime example.

The problem is once you’ve been the chief it’s pretty hard to go back to being just an Indian. McCartney was a prime example.
really? what was the issue with McCartney?

This. We aint getting Clarko over as a senior assistant. Seriously, who are people expecting? Reckon bar his last 2 years, Richo overachieved with a seriously average St Kilda list.

Won 43 games from 126 and the ladder positions while in charge during completed seasons with St Kilda were 18th, 14th, 9th, 11th and 16th. They were 11th when he left this year. St Kilda's list isn't the greatest, but he certainly didn't do much with them, and mostly relied on the fading stars he inherited.

Maybe he's a good assistant, and the other positive for mine if this is true is that at least St Kilda play a completely different style of football to what we're currently serving up, but I wouldn't expect him to do much to inspire or motivate our players to get better. As someone else already said, whether someone makes a good assistant or not is like asking how long is a piece of string. We'll never know - Craig Jennings might be awesome but there's nothing he can do to curb Goody, or he might be crap or anywhere in between.

Reckon Burgess and Richo could be a good combo, if Burgess can get us fit enough to execute the manic pressure game Richo had going at St Kilda a few years ago. We're never going to be a skilled classy side, so might as well shoot for something else.

Reckon Burgess and Richo could be a good combo, if Burgess can get us fit enough to execute the manic pressure game Richo had going at St Kilda a few years ago. We're never going to be a skilled classy side, so might as well shoot for something else.

Tall. We're very good at being tall.

I've been critical of Trac but he has had a decent year and it'd be stupid to trade him now when his value looks to be heading up substantially in the next couple seasons.
surely there is NO way the club even entertain the idea of trading him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the richo hate.

Bloke oversaw a rebuild after Scott watters drove them into a cliff, after already being an aging list post Ross Lyon. Then transitioned from reiwoldt and montagna, all while having (past 3 seasons) key players miss in the calibre of Roberton, Bruce, Carlisle, Steven, Webster, Geary and McCartin..

If you can categorically say he can not coach- while having interrupted access to his best players and a shallow list to start with, well you're a better judge than me.

At least his team's has a bit of effort and showed some pressure.

I'm not going after Elliot if we can't even get vanders on the park. I need to see what Burgo can do first

How many perennially injured players can we really afford to have on the list?

AVB and KK are just about permanently cooked.

May and Lever are question marks. Both great players when fit but how often will they be fit going forward?

What's the likelihood of another Viney foot issue? Or TMac?

How many games will J Smith string together before injury, if he plays for us again?

How many perennially injured players can we really afford to have on the list?

AVB and KK are just about permanently cooked.

May and Lever are question marks. Both great players when fit but how often will they be fit going forward?

What's the likelihood of another Viney foot issue? Or TMac?

How many games will J Smith string together before injury, if he plays for us again?

Yep. If someone is going for cheap and we don't have to give up to much to roll the dice, fine, but chasing after people who regularly miss half a season or more isn't a great idea. Will guarantee 6 months of "when we finally get all our best players on the park..." posts. Underrated ability to keep turning up for 22 games per season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back