The 1%ers next cause, members voting rights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
So the club finally caved into the pressure and did the external review which most of us have been pleasantly surprised at the results.

The next thing we must focus on is attaining members voting rights for the board and chairman. Listening to Chapman today it's clear he will never leave of his own accord. Imagine a world where we had the right to move him on.

Every time you are asked by the club for input make this your first priority. Keep banging the drum, never again must one person be allowed to put his reputation above the club.

2025 is when the AFL will hand them over.

Not necessarily to the membership- the board has the capacity to have them conferred on a narrow class of membership.

Additionally, it could be escalated sooner.

Not necessarily to the membership- the board has the capacity to have them conferred on a narrow class of membership.

Additionally, it could be escalated sooner.
Of course it could be escalated sooner, and the only crows official I've ever heard mention this magical 2028 figure is Chapman, who wouldn't have his own intentions to delay member voting at all......

Of course it could be escalated sooner, and the only crows official I've ever heard mention this magical 2028 figure is Chapman, who wouldn't have his own intentions to delay member voting at all......

Well, that's perhaps a bit far- the date is set in the constitution itself as the default date.

It's just it could be done earlier- the AFL would have to agree. Significant pressure from fans would have to assist.

Sorry, I thought it was 2025. Yeah.. so we have to wait until then. The club has no control over it.
I may be wrong, however the last time I had a read, my interpretation was the the club could move towards member voting rights earlier. It would need to be initiated by the club though .. catch 22

edit: clearly the club needed to be financial and displaying an ability to operate independently

Well, from the last email I got from the club, this online form looks like a nice channel to use:

"I am confident that these changes will create a positive environment and exciting times lie ahead. In the meantime, if you have any immediate questions I urge you to contact Andrew and myself via this online form and we will endeavour to answer as many of your queries as possible. We Fly As One! Rob Chapman"

So the club finally caved into the pressure and did the external review which most of us have been pleasantly surprised at the results.

The next thing we must focus on is attaining members voting rights for the board and chairman. Listening to Chapman today it's clear he will never leave of his own accord. Imagine a world where we had the right to move him on.

Every time you are asked by the club for input make this your first priority. Keep banging the drum, never again must one person be allowed to put his reputation above the club.
Been banging on about this since day one. No one listens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, from the last email I got from the club, this online form looks like a nice channel to use:

"I am confident that these changes will create a positive environment and exciting times lie ahead. In the meantime, if you have any immediate questions I urge you to contact Andrew and myself via this online form and we will endeavour to answer as many of your queries as possible. We Fly As One! Rob Chapman"
Yep I did indeed use that forum to push this issue

Sorry, I thought it was 2025. Yeah.. so we have to wait until then. The club has no control over it.

That's too far. It can be brought into effect at any earlier date agreed by the board and the AFL.

I suspect if the club really did seek it, the AFL would allow.

We didn't do s**t.

Media pressure did.

Pressure is off the club now for at least 18 months.

Out of interest, how do you think the media chooses the stories to focus on?

By what is going to get views in Victoria.

They saw a soft target and they pounced.

I can't imagine the number of views this entire saga has got them.

By what is going to get views in Victoria.

They saw a soft target and they pounced.

I can't imagine the number of views this entire saga has got them.

I think you've got a pretty narrow view of the circumstance, where the club operates in a vacuum and is not motivated not being by potential changes in consumer behaviour putting their financial stability at risk, and the media's coverage not also being aimed at those same consumers.

I think you've got a pretty narrow view of the circumstance, where the club operates in a vacuum and is not motivated not being by potential changes in consumer behaviour putting their financial stability at risk, and the media's coverage not also being aimed at those same consumers.

You just watched the club piss all over its members for the past 2 years and it still had new people queuing up to take the place of those who weren't a fan of the golden shower. This has been the biggest crisis our club has ever seen and it still took them 2 years to reluctantly acknowledge it. If we'd scraped into the top 8 this year there wouldn't have even been a review and we'd still have been labeled troublemakers.

The pressure valve has now been released and it will take a long time for it to build back up.

It can't whilst we are millions in debt and the AFL are guaranteeing that debt

They want their control or the AFC can attempt to pay out their enormous debt and get full control

Have you got some spare millions you can lend them

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is there millions in debt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back