The 1%ers next cause, members voting rights.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
7.2 Cessation of AFL Membership
(a) The AFL will cease to be a Member on the Development Grant Completion Date.
(b) From the Development Grant Completion Date, the Board may grant all of the rights held by the AFL to any other class of Member that is in existence on the Development Grant Completion Date or is otherwise established by the Board.
(c) If the Board does not grant the rights of the AFL Voting Member to another class or classes, the Board will grant all of the rights held by the AFL to the Electing Members.

22. Composition of the Board
22.1 Number and composition of Directors
(a) The Board will consist of at least 7 directors but not more than 9 directors (including the Chief Executive Officer if he or she is to be a member of the Board in accordance with clause 39(a)).

(b) The Board will be comprised as follows: (i) up to 2 Directors elected by the Electing Members under this constitution (each an Elected Director); and (ii) the remainder appointed by the AFL, following consultation with and nominations from the nominations committee , under this constitution (each an Appointed Director).

(c) To be eligible to being appointed or elected a Director a person must:
(i) be a person of at least 18 years of age who ordinarily resides in Australia;
(ii) not be a current player or full-time employee of the AFC; and
(iii) in the case of an Elected Director, be an Electing Member.

(d) The AFC in general meeting may increase or reduce the number of Directors permitted by this constitution, subject to AFL written approval.

22.2 Appointment of directors
(a) Appointed Directors must be appointed after the AGM in each year. The appointment can be made at any time after that AGM, but the term of appointment of any Appointed Director commences immediately after the AGM in the year of his or her appointment.

(b) When appointing an Appointed Director pursuant to clause 22.1 the existing Directors, and prior to the Development Grant Completion Date the AFL, must:
(i) consider the overall needs of the AFC and the relevant skills and expertise needed at the board level of the AFC at the time of the appointment; and
(ii) only appoint persons who possess skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
(A) business management;
(B) law;
(C) financial management;
(D) marketing;
(E) media;
(F) company directorship;
(G) sports and/or event management; and
(H) Australian Football, and who are not, by reason of any provision of the Corporations Act or this constitution, ineligible to be or prohibited from being a director

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
2025 is when the AFL will hand them over.

The club could agitate for it sooner if they weren't sheep and if it didn't suit them to be able to run it in an undemocratic and unaccountable fashion.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
How do you think the licence has been paid for

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Adelaide Football Club is debt free. They made a massive point about it at the AGM in February thus year. The club finished paying off the old Football park northern grandstand and any debt they had last year. The license fee was abolished years ago. They wrote that off like 4 years ago.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anyone have a source document which shows the AFL control board appointments? Is it in the constitution?

The AFL doesn’t control our board. They board of the Adelaide Football Club will call for nominations and then either appoint someone to fill a need.

The AFL then simply ratifies that appointment based on the integrity of the applicant.

They don’t find someone and say, this person must be on your board. They just say yes or no.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Is there millions in debt?
The Adelaide Football Club is debt free. They made a massive point about it at the AGM in February thus year. The club finished paying off the old Football park northern grandstand and any debt they had last year. The license fee was abolished years ago. They wrote that off like 4 years ago.

Thank you Morning_Fog you beat me to it

There’s no debt. None whatsoever.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Well, from the last email I got from the club, this online form looks like a nice channel to use:

"I am confident that these changes will create a positive environment and exciting times lie ahead. In the meantime, if you have any immediate questions I urge you to contact Andrew and myself via this online form and we will endeavour to answer as many of your queries as possible. We Fly As One! Rob Chapman"

Excellent excellent excellent

I’ll compose it tonight - part 1, how does Chapman survive with this laundry list of failures, part 2, give us the vote

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thank you Morning_Fog you beat me to it

There’s no debt. None whatsoever.
You really do spin it don't you

In 2014 the AFC commited to paying back $11.3 million for their licence guaranteed by the AFL which is why they are answerable to the AFL and they have such an influence over the club

Over 15 years by the way

Long long way from debt free

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Excellent excellent excellent

I’ll compose it tonight - part 1, how does Chapman survive with this laundry list of failures, part 2, give us the vote

The form won't go to anyone but an intern who has to sift through it and cherry pick the ego stroking comments.

If you actually want to ask those questions, I suggest digging up the emails of the board and sending it to them.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What happened to the 15 year loan of the licence taken out in 2014 of 11.3 million

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
The form won't go to anyone but an intern who has to sift through it and cherry pick the ego stroking comments.

If you actually want to ask those questions, I suggest digging up the emails of the board and sending it to them.
Actually, following the process THEY outline is a very good way to get through. You can always escalate if there is no response ... but it would be even too see-through and obvious for AFC to just sweep them all under the carpet and expect everyone to forget what they promised.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
What happened to the 15 year loan of the licence taken out in 2014 of 11.3 million

84E14EDF-5299-4060-A239-BE1AAD440E40.png

Don’t know but the screenshot shows the club is debt free.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
You really do spin it don't you

In 2014 the AFC commited to paying back $11.3 million for their licence guaranteed by the AFL which is why they are answerable to the AFL and they have such an influence over the club

Over 15 years by the way

Long long way from debt free

If by spin you mean READ THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS IN THE LAST ANNUAL REPORT then yes

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If by spin you mean READ THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS IN THE LAST ANNUAL REPORT then yes
Here ya go the afl on the licences and anything else of value at the AFC and lease it to the AFC

The starting point is that the AFL owns the licenses enabling AFL clubs to play in its competition.
In 2014 the SANFL relinquished the licenses of both the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Clubs, who bought them.
In what some might see as an irony, Crows CEO Andrew Fagan, in remarking on the significance of the moment said: ‘I really hope members take the opportunity to have a say, and we anticipate a number of quality director nominations’.
So the club has acquired the license: what then? The constitution, drafted by local law firm Minter Ellison, provides that the club is a company limited by guarantee, and that by joining as a member you are ‘bound by (the) constitution and the policies and procedures of the AFC so far as they relate to members’.
So it is arguable that the members own the club. But the AFL learnt a thing or two from the break away rugby Super League. They own anything of value at the Crows, right down to the trademarks for the guernsey, and the AFL is the ultimate guarantor of wages. So in reality the AFL owns everything that matters at the club

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
They guarantee our millions in debt as they do many clubs and need to protect themselves with that debt
Not whilst they are guaranteeing our millions of debt we have

They would be incompetent to their own interests if they did

Debt debt debt debt

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They guarantee the 10 to 15 million of wages each and every year and own the licence

You can play semantics but afl guarantee the financial position of the AFC

Weren't you arguing about debt?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Marty did, right after he found out there was no debt

Since the thread’s about Members Voting Rights, let’s get back on topic
Ok

The AFL commision will be in control of the board with 7 of the 9 members appointed by them

Thus in control of the club as they own the licence and guarantee the financial stability of the club

End of story

Back