Society/Culture The 12 Steps... To spotting conspiracy theories.

Remove this Banner Ad

A nicer person than I talks about her experience and how to talk to CT nuts.

"Each time I landed on a possible culprit, my anger reenergized me. Instead of making me feel hopeless, it gave me a target and suggested there might be some action I could take. If it were from his work or from an old factory site, maybe I could file a lawsuit. Maybe I could launch an investigation or trigger some media exposé. If I could just find the right person or thing to blame, I could get some justice. Or vengeance. Or … maybe just a sense of control.
Under conditions of uncertainty, information that helps direct our negative emotions toward a target is psychologically comforting. When we feel powerless in a situation that is both complex and overwhelming, the identification of people and institutions to “blame” feels good to us. "

Or even more recent......

In the 1960's ex US Army personnel who started talking about how Hallucinogenic Drugs had been used on them, were derided by their own Government as conspiracy crazies who had severe mental health problems

But then in the 1970's evidence starting appearing that what those ex soldiers were saying might have some validity

In the 1980's we starting hearing about a CIA program called MKULTRA and how it tested the effects of LSD and other drugs on Service Personnel

In the mid 1990's Bill Clinton publicly apoligised to all those who had been subjects of the CIA program
You're preaching to the choir. The interesting question is whether this program secretly continued under a new name. Operation Mockingbird was uncovered in the 70's and supposedly terminated, but Gina Haspel (perhaps inadvertently) revealed during her interview for director that a CIA agent doubling as a Wall Street Journal correspondent had been murdered. There's no mention of Daniel Pearl working for the CIA, at least on his Wikipedia page.

P.S. Forgive the belated reply - currently juggling work and moving house!

Why are you on Putin's side in this? What do you get out of it?

If you don't know, or know but can't bring yourself to concede, what Putin might get out of sowing discord in the US then we're at an impasse.
He isn't on Putin's side he isn't the one elevating Putin's effect on US election for the last four years YOU have!

Last edited:
Elevating his effect? By acknowledging what he did?
Yes elevating the effect on a few facebook memes after what's come out on FLYNN they didn't even have conclusive proof that Russia hacked the emails.

Many of us have been trying to downplay the effect for the last 4 years not because we are on Putin's side or are trying ignore what went on ..... but because the attempt to sow discord like they DID wasn't anything huge or wasn't connected to Trump,like they were making out.and now we find out even more on Obama and his 3 letter agencies and whatever the hell they were upto and how they went about things perhaps illegally. Not that i care because nothing's happening to Obama like you said.

The MSM have been elevating the seriousness of Trump and Russia and now that Obama/Flynn documents come out suddenly they don't want to talk about it anymore instead attacking Trump/Barr for deflection! Because something something Corona...

Trump might be using it for deflection for his own interest of course he is I would aswell if I knew that the previous admin had my campaign wiretapped but at the same time the Dems/media are using Corona to deflect from Obama/Fisa..... It's a shitshow!

Last edited:
Yes elevating the effect on a few facebook memes after what's come out on FLYNN they didn't even have conclusive proof that Russia hacked the emails.

Many of us have been trying to downplay the effect for the last 4 years not because we are on Putin's side or are trying ignore what went on ..... but because the attempt to sow discord like they DID wasn't anything huge or wasn't connected to Trump,like they where making out and now after the Flynn document's have been released we find out even more on Obama and his 3 letter agencies and whatever the hell they were upto and how they went about things perhaps illegally. Not that i care because nothing's happening to Obama like you said.

The MSM have been elevating the seriousness of Trump and Russia and now that Obama/Flynn documents come out suddenly they don't want to talk about it anymore instead attacking Trump/Barr for deflection! Because something something Corona...

Trump might be using it for deflection for his own interest but at the same time the Dems/media are using Corona to deflect from Obama/Fisa..... It's a shitshow!
One thing: Coronavirus is a thing. Obamagate is an ancient Japanese martial art.

Just to reiterate my point about what you, personally, believe constitutes a "conspiracy theory" depending on your biases/prejudice. Watch this video:

Leftists will believe it proves, BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that police/everyone is/are racist(s).

Rightists will believe it proves, BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that Arbery is a criminal.

Anyone replying with, "Yes, but what I believe is 100% right/true, and everyone else is wrong and just a conspiracy theorist" merely proves my point.

Do you honestly think that what you believe is 100% true? Really?

Christians believe Jesus rose from the dead. Jihadists believe they will be treated to a cornucopia of virgins if they kill innocent people. Who is right? I mean, these people really believe this s**t, and anyone who doesn't is a heathen, or, to use a more PC term, a "conspiracy theorist". What makes you think that what you, personally, believe is the absolute truth?

And then even going so far as to post a list of points as to how to determine what someone else says is untrue. A list of points that apply 100% to your own belief system. But then again, you don't realize that, do you? What you believe MUST be true. MUST BE!

Just to reiterate my point about what you, personally, believe constitutes a "conspiracy theory" depending on your biases/prejudice. Watch this video:

Leftists will believe it proves, BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that police/everyone is/are racist(s).

Rightists will believe it proves, BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that Arbery is a criminal.

Anyone replying with, "Yes, but what I believe is 100% right/true, and everyone else is wrong and just a conspiracy theorist" merely proves my point.

What happens in the video?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The QAnon fairytale goes that Democrats, Hollywood and the global elite are a secretly united, ruling cabal of paedophile cannibals who eat children. Donald Trump was voted in to stop them, against all odds. Thank God! He’s gonna lock them all up in Guantanamo Bay. (They’ve been saying this is just about to happen for three years. Any day now.) Anyway, the cabal harvests the pineal glands in childrens’ brains, apparently. So that’s why that’s in the VicPol logo."
If that's the writer's summary of nearly 4300 posts over two and a half years, then he should step away from journalism :rolleyes:

Wait you're not a QAnon believer are you?
I'm certain it's an inside source. They give hints, ask questions and get people to do their own research which is not a bad thing.

I'm also certain if it was someone posting from their mum's basement, he/she would've been uncovered by law enforcement.

And if the media truly believe it's some kind of joke, they could always settle the issue by asking Donald Trump... right?

I would say “you can’t possibly believe that”, but I know people do. Good work from the fact-free conspirasphere.
Take it to the Conspiracy board!

Your in on this game like Snake said so who am I trying to kid. :tearsofjoy:

I'm certain it's an inside source. They give hints, ask questions and get people to do their own research which is not a bad thing.

I'm also certain if it was someone posting from their mum's basement, he/she would've been uncovered by law enforcement.

And if the media truly believe it's some kind of joke, they could always settle the issue by asking Donald Trump... right?
Oh come on. It's junk. Pure unhinged CT. Leave it alone for your own sanity.

Just ask those claiming a conspiracy exits to produce the verified, testable, credible evidence

Then watch the conspiracy disappear
"Do your research, sheeple"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back