Society/Culture The 12 Steps... To spotting conspiracy theories.

You are conflating unrelated things that could be valid conspiracies in your argument that there are no conspiracies at all.
Oh FFS.

I'm pointing out that THAT IS ONE OF THE HALLMARKS OF UNHINGED CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

I give up. You don't want to engage in good faith.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Oh FFS.

I'm pointing out that THAT IS ONE OF THE HALLMARKS OF UNHINGED CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

I give up. You don't want to engage in good faith.

I am arguing in good faith. But this is not the first time you have made your argument by snipping my posts - which makes it appear that you are not engaging in good faith.

I'm saying there could be separate conspiracies by people in positions of power and wealth to further their agendas. Such as facilitating child sexual abuse, manipulating international money markets, influencing global health policies, exaggerating the threat from foreign regimes, promoting climate change ideology.

You are the one conflating these unrelated things. Making a straw man argument - that because there are no proven links between the conspiracies, and there is no master plan there are no conspiracies at all.

You are the one conflating these unrelated things.

I.
Am.
Saying.
That.
The.
Hallmark.
Of.
A.
Conspiracy theory.
Is.
The.
Story.
That.
Individual.
Unrelated.
Crimes.
Are.
All.
The.
Work.
Of.
A.
Central.
Group.
Of.
Powerful.
People.

Often Jews.

I LITERALLY cannot say it any clearer than that.

If you don't get it yet, I cannot help you any further. Our journey ends here. Sink into the mud, Artax. You will be missed.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

I.
Am.
Saying.
That.
The.
Hallmark.
Of.
A.
Conspiracy theory.
Is.
The.
Story.
That.
Individual.
Unrelated.
Crimes.
Are.
All.
The.
Work.
Of.
A.
Central.
Group.
Of.
Powerful.
People.

Often Jews.

I LITERALLY cannot say it any clearer than that.

If you don't get it yet, I cannot help you any further. Our journey ends here. Sink into the mud, Artax. You will be missed.

You are the epitome of disingenuous. You are fraud.

I'm saying there could be separate conspiracies by people in positions of power and wealth to further their agendas. Such as facilitating child sexual abuse, manipulating international money markets, influencing global health policies, exaggerating the threat from foreign regimes,
This is not even in dispute. I did not dispute that crime exists. If you can find a post where I said that, I will correct myself.

promoting climate change ideology.
LOL!

Kosch

Cancelled
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes but that’s just crime.

It’s not a powerful group controlling human trafficking AND global interest rates AND vaccine supply AND free energy all to further their desire for human flesh.

If you replace 'desire for human flesh' (an idea it seems you've just come up with by yourself) for 'desire to maintain and consolidate power and control of the masses' then the concept of a small group working together to control all of these industries seems like a perfectly reasonable theory.

What do you think all of the banking, political, pharmaceutical, media and other corporate leaders discuss when they are together at exclusive, invite only events like the Davos forum?

Do you think they just get together for a bit of R&R and do workshops on how to mix cocktails?

The 'leaders' of all of these industries literally get together and discuss how they can implement ideas like 'The Great Reset' (which strips wealth/power from the everyday punter and delivers it directly to those in attendance)...

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
If you replace 'desire for human flesh' (an idea it seems you've just come up with by yourself) for 'desire to maintain and consolidate power and control of the masses' then the concept of a small group working together to control all of these industries seems like a perfectly reasonable theory.

What do you think all of the banking, political, pharmaceutical, media and other corporate leaders discuss when they are together at exclusive, invite only events like the Davos forum?

Do you think they just get together for a bit of R&R and do workshops on how to mix cocktails?

The 'leaders' of all of these industries literally get together and discuss how they can implement ideas like 'The Great Reset' (which strips wealth/power from the everyday punter and delivers it directly to those in attendance)...

Do I have the thread for you!

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Why is this thread on the mysteries/paranormal board when the WEF and 'leaders' from all different sectors across the world are openly discussing this as their primary agenda?

I don't know, you'd have to check in with Chief. I believe as owner and controller of BigFooty he has an honorary spot on the WEF and likely is using our data to assist with implementing the Davos Agenda.

Kosch

Cancelled
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know, you'd have to check in with Chief. I believe as owner and controller of BigFooty he has an honorary spot on the WEF and likely is using our data to assist with implementing the Davos Agenda.

He should be....if not he's certainly spending a lot of time/effort trying to delegitimise valid concerns of corporate/political collusion for no real reward...

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"It is 20 years since Jon Ronson wrote Them, his eye-popping investigation into conspiracy theorists. Now, in a world awash with tales of paedophile elites and puppet masters, is he any closer to understanding it all?"

The leader of the opposition in the UK believed one of the most absurd conspiracy theories ever re paedos and the floggerati on figbooty lapped it up like a kitten who hadnt seen milk in years.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's an article of interest to people in the thread. If I was trying to engage in an argument with that article as evidence, you might have a point

Evidence ?? Evidence??

Yeah, nah, not required, see "Bringing them home".

Facts that dont suit the narrative arent relevant.

The leader of the opposition in the UK believed one of the most absurd conspiracy theories ever re paedos and the floggerati on figbooty lapped it up like a kitten who hadnt seen milk in years.

Cancel the internet!

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Latest podcast on conspiracy theorists and the group-based reasoning, social recognition and rewards - mainly rare ones that become a community and then political movement: i.e. Q-Anon. New research.

Guess thats from the US? Conspiracy is an art form there.

Long Live HFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
old school version.

10 characteristics of conspiracy theorists
A useful guide by Donna Ferentes

1. Arrogance. They are always fact-seekers, questioners, people who are trying to discover the truth: sceptics are always "sheep", patsies for Messrs Bush and Blair etc.

2. Relentlessness. They will always go on and on about a conspiracy no matter how little evidence they have to go on or how much of what they have is simply discredited. (Moreover, as per 1. above, even if you listen to them ninety-eight times, the ninety-ninth time, when you say "no thanks", you'll be called a "sheep" again.) Additionally, they have no capacity for precis whatsoever. They go on and on at enormous length.

3. Inability to answer questions. For people who loudly advertise their determination to the principle of questioning everything, they're pretty poor at answering direct questions from sceptics about the claims that they make.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases. These include Cicero's "cui bono?" (of which it can be said that Cicero understood the importance of having evidence to back it up) and Conan Doyle's "once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth". What these phrases have in common is that they are attempts to absolve themselves from any responsibility to produce positive, hard evidence themselves: you simply "eliminate the impossible" (i.e. say the official account can't stand scrutiny) which means that the wild allegation of your choice, based on "cui bono?" (which is always the government) is therefore the truth.

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor. Aided by the principle in 4. above, conspiracy theorists never notice that the small inconsistencies in the accounts which they reject are dwarfed by the enormous, gaping holes in logic, likelihood and evidence in any alternative account.

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad. Conspiracy theorists have no place for peer-review, for scientific knowledge, for the respectability of sources. The fact that a claim has been made by anybody, anywhere, is enough for them to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumour. While they do this, of course, they will claim to have "open minds" and abuse the sceptics for apparently lacking same.

7. Inability to withdraw. It's a rare day indeed when a conspiracy theorist admits that a claim they have made has turned out to be without foundation, whether it be the overall claim itself or any of the evidence produced to support it. Moreover they have a liking (see 3. above) for the technique of avoiding discussion of their claims by "swamping" - piling on a whole lot more material rather than respond to the objections sceptics make to the previous lot.

8. Leaping to conclusions. Conspiracy theorists are very keen indeed to declare the "official" account totally discredited without having remotely enough cause so to do. Of course this enables them to wheel on the Conan Doyle quote as in 4. above. Small inconsistencies in the account of an event, small unanswered questions, small problems in timing of differences in procedure from previous events of the same kind are all more than adequate to declare the "official" account clearly and definitively discredited. It goes without saying that it is not necessary to prove that these inconsistencies are either relevant, or that they even definitely exist.

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims. This argument invokes scandals like the Birmingham Six, the Bologna station bombings, the Zinoviev letter and so on in order to try and demonstrate that their conspiracy theory should be accorded some weight (because it's “happened before”.) They do not pause to reflect that the conspiracies they are touting are almost always far more unlikely and complicated than the real-life conspiracies with which they make comparison, or that the fact that something might potentially happen does not, in and of itself, make it anything other than extremely unlikely.

10. It's always a conspiracy. And it is, isn't it? No sooner has the body been discovered, the bomb gone off, than the same people are producing the same old stuff, demanding that there are questions which need to be answered, at the same unbearable length. Because the most important thing about these people is that they are people entirely lacking in discrimination. They cannot tell a good theory from a bad one, they cannot tell good evidence from bad evidence and they cannot tell a good source from a bad one. And for that reason, they always come up with the same answer when they ask the same question.

A person who always says the same thing, and says it over and over again is, of course, commonly considered to be, if not a monomaniac, then at very least, a bore.

aka:

conspiracy theories: history for losers.

Back