Video Highlights The 1980 Grand Final - What a ripper

Remove this Banner Ad

OIP.bLDAuMziUtREleUP3vLMwgHaE1

You call that a knife?

Port v Norwood is like a Collingwood v Carlton GF

Norwood should be in the AFL, not the Crows, and they would have been if Mcallister didn't s**t his pants when Max Basheer told him Port would wear the prison bars vs Collingwood, causing the delays that let the SANFL get an injunction. And Port would be wearing the PB's against all but you (as we bloody well should).

I hate Max Basheer and his grandstand at Adelaide Oval.

This clash of jumpers would not happen again if egos are put aside and calm heads prevail.

Funny thing is, I can easily tell them apart.
Anyway, enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Norwood should be in the AFL, not the Crows, and they would have been if Mcallister didn't s**t his pants when Max Basheer told him Port would wear the prison bars vs Collingwood, causing the delays that let the SANFL get an injunction. And Port would be wearing the PB's against all but you (as we bloody well should).

This clash of jumpers would not happen again if egos are put aside and calm heads prevail.

Anyway, enjoy the game.

What was the situation if Port came in for 1991.
Was it to be the prison bars jumper with a different one for against Collingwood, and home games at Alberton Oval?

What was the situation if Port came in for 1991.
Was it to be the prison bars jumper with a different one for against Collingwood, and home games at Alberton Oval?
Prison Bars for all but Collingwood was the intention, and Football Park would probably have been the venue, as it had been up and running since 1976 already. And of course, not using the magpies.

Real sliding doors moments in 1990, Buckley, Wanganeen, Phillips, M Williams and Abernathy probably would have stayed, Bradley and Anderson may have come back as concession picks.

So now 33 years later we are still trying to wear the bars and Norwood missed out.
Bloody Basheer.

Prison Bars for all but Collingwood was the intention, and Football Park would probably have been the venue, as it had been up and running since 1976 already. And of course, not using the magpies.

Real sliding doors moments in 1990, Buckley, Wanganeen, Phillips, M Williams and Abernathy probably would have stayed, Bradley and Anderson may have come back as concession picks.

So now 33 years later we are still trying to wear the bars and Norwood missed out.
Bloody Basheer.

I certainly understand what you're saying, but if you look at it from his side, losing Port and Norwood would have basically been instant death for the SANFL.
South Australian footy politics is certainly entertaining to say the least, watching on from the Eastern state's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, enjoy the game.

I'd be more of a Sturt man when it comes to SANFL. I like the blue guernsey and of course there's the Peter Motley connection as well.

Bit like Francis Bourke for Richmond despite being minor Premiers and making the Grand Final in 1982
Under Percy in that 1980 finals series, we lost to Richmond by 42 points and Collingwood by 50 points to go out in straight sets.

We lost to two of our biggest rivals by a combined total of 92 points! At least Francis Bourke was able to take Richmond into a grand final.

Norwood should be in the AFL, not the Crows
, and they would have been if Mcallister didn't s**t his pants when Max Basheer told him Port would wear the prison bars vs Collingwood, causing the delays that let the SANFL get an injunction. And Port would be wearing the PB's against all but you (as we bloody well should).

THIS GUY GETS IT.

Under Percy in that 1980 finals series, we lost to Richmond by 42 points and Collingwood by 50 points to go out in straight sets.

We lost to two of our biggest rivals by a combined total of 92 points! At least Francis Bourke was able to take Richmond into a grand final.
Funny thing is when me and dad headed to Waverly. We were dead set we were going to lose. Tigers had late slump and we were comforting ourselves we had a good season and hopefully not go out in straight sets. Was a complete surprise that our form came storming back.

Also loved the Blues supporters applauding my favorite player Kevin Bartlett midway through the last quarter. Class!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back