Player Sponsorship The 1st of our 2 Sponsored Players - SIMON BUCKLEY

Remove this Banner Ad

091129_buckley_11.jpg

I've been reading up a bit on Buckley over at the Dees board. Now I've had a shower, I'll summarise:

QUICK
STRONG
DETERMINED

While there are questions over his decision making, I think that he will become a lot more settled and confident in our backline. Our Captain will be playing alongside him, and who better to instill this confidence than Captain Courageous? With much better, and much more organised teammates, I can see Buckley having a cooler head at Collingwood, and not trying to shoulder the load as he did with Melbourne.

I liked what I saw of him in '08. I think he is a player that will just be so much better with good teammates around him. Think of Daniel Kerr. He is almost rubbish without Judd, Cousins, Cox alongside him, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a fantastic player in a good team.

I am hoping he has worked his fitness up over the summer, and come come roaring back into form. Will hopefully be a good replacement for Marty.

WELCOME SIMON!

Just noticed that the Carlton sponsors have their 'Kreuzer 10' badges up & running already!

Chief is a carltoon supporter.

I attached our Buckley one to my last post.
Once we have settled the other player I'll PM Chief to set up with both as it's a bit of work to do and he'll appreciate not doing it twice.:D

picture.php

I like your handwriting skeetz - it has character :thumbsu:

I think Buckley is a good choice. I think his poor decision making may have been a symptom of being a part of an inexperienced backline, and being put under pressure by his teammates to make decisions in a team that was often getting hammered. I think he'll get all the leadership he needs from Maxy, Shaw, O'Brien and Presti in our back half and he could really benefit. I'm a firm believer that Shaw could use some help creating drive from defense and Buckley could well be the player - particularly if Malthouse continues to run with a 7 man defense. I see big and bright things for Buckley this year :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief is a carltoon supporter.

I attached our Buckley one to my last post.
Once we have settled the other player I'll PM Chief to set up with both as it's a bit of work to do and he'll appreciate not doing it twice.:D

picture.php

I see. Nice work on the badge too.

Not overly impressed with the player but still happy to be apart of it.

We have another higher profile player to choose yet Shellz.
We'll have more time to make that decision.:thumbsu:

what are the choices pie eyed? do we know them yet?

Skeetz will post those we can choose from.
The problem is that the cut off for existing sponsors to re-sponsor the same player is tomorrow, so we won't know who is available until after then.

The reason we had to nab one of the young chaps is that we may have missed out altogether as getting two players hinged on getting one in this category.

Go Simon, Mick better give you a fair crack this year, here's wishing you a long a distinguished career with the Carringbush. As regards the tag i prefer option 1 taa
Good job skeetz - gee this moderating seems to take for ever, looking forward to the unveiling of our next player????? :D

Which tag looks the goods chaps and chapettes?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#1. Not a fan of #2. #3's text looks a bit 'washed out'. Could go for it if it was a bit sharper though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back