the 2 teams to play off in the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

The classic mindset of a richmond supporter right here. Absolutely obsessed with west coast for no apparent reason.
You don't think you might be projecting? Just a little bit?
Aren't you one of the many Eagles supporters making dozens of posts in every Richmond game day thread losing your s**t?

You don't think you might be projecting? Just a little bit?
Aren't you one of the many Eagles supporters making dozens of posts in every Richmond game day thread losing your sh*t?
No, I really like Richmond unlike the Richmond supporters in here posting 'anyone but west coast, pleeeeeaaaasssse'

No, I really like Richmond unlike the Richmond supporters in here posting 'anyone but west coast, pleeeeeaaaasssse'
You might be able to answer this then:
After Richmond won the 2019 premiership, West Coast supporters, including you, have been unbearably whingy and salty at Richmond. Even more so than little Geelong supporters (who'd have thought that was possible). This is a new thing. I put it down to you feeling entitled to unearned and undeserved premierships. Or perhaps you feel that being sandwiched between two premierships by a dominant club, your Bradbury cup is devalued. Maybe you're just bad sports and sore losers. Or is whinging infernally a cultural thing? Can you shed some light on this phenomenon of the salty Richmond obsessed West Coast supporter?

The short rest between games is only a disadvantage if your opponent gets a long break. It's all relative.

Geelong have played 4-5 days on from their previous game, but so did their opponents!
The Cats enjoyed an extra day's rest when they flogged a tired St Kilda who played 4 days prior.

Geelong face Port tonight who've had an extra 2 days rest, but that's the first time that's happened.
It's not as though Port are "well rested" either. They're the ones who are travelling and they've also played 3 games in the past fortnight.
The Cats had an easy training drill vs the tired young Saints. Port played an epic 4 qtr battle vs the reigning premiers.

If you want to compare fixtures between Geelong and Hawks

Geelong
3 games with home advantage (Haw, Carl, Suns)
4 games with away disadvantage (GWS, Freo, WCE, Adel)
6 games on neutral turf (Melb, Bris, Coll, NM, StK, Port)

Hawthorn
1 game with home advantage (Bris)
6 games with away disadvantage (Geel, GWS, Syd, Freo, WCE, Port)
5 games on neutral turf (Rich, NM, Coll, Melb, Carl)

Games where one team had less than 7 days to prepare:

Geel 6 v Suns 7
Geel 5 v Bris 5
Geel 7 v Coll 6
Geel 5
v WCE 6
Geel 4 v NM 4
Geel 5 v StK 4
Geel 4
v Port 6

Haw 6 v Rich 7
Haw 6 v GWS 8
Haw 5 v Coll 7
Haw 6 v Syd 7
Haw 6 v Carl 6
Haw 6 v WCE 7
Haw 6 v Port 8

The Hawks were drawn to play the Top 5 sides from 2019 in the first 6 rounds (and away games scheduled vs Swans, Freo, WCE and Port)
Not once do we get the advantage of meeting a tired team coming off an short week. Not once.

#freekickhawthorn :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

#CoffeeWithGill :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
Oh yeah this is what Hawks fans are like when the teams struggling. It's been awhile so I'd forgotten how much they sook.

Didums. Did the bad, bad AFL only give your widdle club a 4 game head start over big bad Wichmond?
How are you possible supposed to compete?
Well if we are just making completely random irrelevant false comments ... I blame the MCG Prelim Final rule from 15 years ago for Adelaide's current predicament.

one things for certain, if its not richmond their supporters will definitely put an * next to the 2020 flag.

To be fair, everyone's going to do that if their team doesn't win, especially in team v team d**k measuring arguments on here.

Props so far to Brisbane. I had them pegged as a classic one year wonder. West Coast the front runner. Richmond still the champs and remain so until someone dethrones them. Geelong potentially very dangerous if Jenkins and Ablett can be successfully meshed to the current lineup on recent form.

Would I take it? Yes of course, would I look at it the same way as 2019 or 2017? Not a chance.
Kudos to any team that wins it this year however some teams have had greater hurdles to overcome than others, mainly the Victorian teams. Hell I hate Collingwood and Geelong however if either won it I would dip my lid to them as it would be a very hard earned flag.
Exactly its a weird season, I will still take the flag, the one who wins the flag depends on the team with the least injuries

The short rest between games is only a disadvantage if your opponent gets a long break. It's all relative.

Geelong have played 4-5 days on from their previous game, but so did their opponents!
The Cats enjoyed an extra day's rest when they flogged a tired St Kilda who played 4 days prior.

Geelong face Port tonight who've had an extra 2 days rest, but that's the first time that's happened.
It's not as though Port are "well rested" either. They're the ones who are travelling and they've also played 3 games in the past fortnight.
The Cats had an easy training drill vs the tired young Saints. Port played an epic 4 qtr battle vs the reigning premiers.

If you want to compare fixtures between Geelong and Hawks

Geelong
3 games with home advantage (Haw, Carl, Suns)
4 games with away disadvantage (GWS, Freo, WCE, Adel)
6 games on neutral turf (Melb, Bris, Coll, NM, StK, Port)

Hawthorn
1 game with home advantage (Bris)
6 games with away disadvantage (Geel, GWS, Syd, Freo, WCE, Port)
5 games on neutral turf (Rich, NM, Coll, Melb, Carl)

Games where one team had less than 7 days to prepare:

Geel 6 v Suns 7
Geel 5 v Bris 5
Geel 7 v Coll 6
Geel 5
v WCE 6
Geel 4 v NM 4
Geel 5 v StK 4
Geel 4
v Port 6

Haw 6 v Rich 7
Haw 6 v GWS 8
Haw 5 v Coll 7
Haw 6 v Syd 7
Haw 6 v Carl 6
Haw 6 v WCE 7
Haw 6 v Port 8

The Hawks were drawn to play the Top 5 sides from 2019 in the first 6 rounds (and away games scheduled vs Swans, Freo, WCE and Port)
Not once do we get the advantage of meeting a tired team coming off an short week. Not once.

#freekickhawthorn :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

#CoffeeWithGill :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I think you need to go and back one out, then have a lie down, I know it’s not easy being a hawks supporter at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back