Preview The 20’s- a time capsule

Remove this Banner Ad

Well after 19 years we are back into a decade that can and will be labelled without the cringe factor.

So let’s have some predictions for this next decade about all things Nmfc that we can revisit in 2029

It’ll be the “Roaring ‘20’s” from an NMFC perspective Gaso.

I’m predicting 2 premierships and 4 prelims. Jy, TT and LDU to be dominating through the middle and The Zurhaar, Brown and Larkey to be a force up forward.

Higgo will be evergreen Boomer style and Charlie Comben to be the next big thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 20's
tumblr_mxtp2dBbNf1rdfgw4o1_500.gif

Gee, why so pesamistic guys? I have us doing 5 out f 6 with a 4-peat in there, and Browny winning 3 Colemans (Larkey will pip him in one season). I also have "Boner" down for two Brownlows. The first will be a bit of a surprise to a few, but when he backs it up everybody will be saying that their original comments in his thread were taken out of context.

Scamper will eventually take up Eddie's multi-million offer to come back home, but by then Ben Cunnington will step up from being the most successful AFLW coach of all time and reign over the next successful North Melbourne era as we head towards the 30's.

Gee, why so pesamistic guys? I have us doing 5 out f 6 with a 4-peat in there, and Browny winning 3 Colemans (Larkey will pip him in one season). I also have "Boner" down for two Brownlows. The first will be a bit of a surprise to a few, but when he backs it up everybody will be saying that their original comments in his thread were taken out of context.

Scamper will eventually take up Eddie's multi-million offer to come back home, but by then Ben Cunnington will step up from being the most successful AFLW coach of all time and reign over the next successful North Melbourne era as we head towards the 30's.

I’m just trying to keep a lid on things temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First 4-peat since Pies of old.
3 x Brownlows.
4 x Coleman's.

LDU, JY, TT, BONAR, LARKS, CAM, all reach 250 + games.

Jasp takes over as head coach from Rhyce 2027.

Sell out crowds st Docklands, Colonial, Etihad, Marvel, Shaw stadium the norm.

* moved to Frankston to secure future.

NMFC beats Go Dees endlessly that forfeiture becomes the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love those shots. The 20s really were when global pop culture kicked in.

I can't believe that the 20s are here again.
Movies and Hollywood specifically took off in the 20s.

As did popular music especially new forms of it.

First 4-peat since Pies of old.
3 x Brownlows.
4 x Coleman's.

I like all that, but...

* moved to Frankston to secure future.
What's this * to Frankston

It was bad enough we had to have St Kilda at Belvadere Park (and we had a bloody St Kilda sign put up only 200m from my place). We've also had some good-bloke coaches down here too, when we're allowed into the VFL that is.

But don't wish * on us. Frig right off with that s**t-sandwich of a prediction.

There would be no one around to have lived during that era; I reckon it would have been a sad and difficult time post war

Well according to my Nan, I recall she said it was a mixed bag with despair for those that didn't have money but a huge party most days for those that did..!

Check out this optimistic thread from 10 years ago
Well according to my Nan, I recall she said it was a mixed bag with despair for those that didn't have money but a huge party most days for those that did..!

Suppose I was thinking more of the WW1 Vets and the legacy of their war

Remove this Banner Ad

Back