Official Club Stuff The 2012 Official "Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is...."

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm staggered that anyone can read the book of Mormon in the year 2012 and still believe in it.. sheesh!

The Hornets 'brand' (god i hate that word) is distinctive, but the natives hate it. They won't be happy until the colours are red, black and blue like 80% of all NBA teams, complete with lame, contrived nickname... let's say Pelicans.
Yeah it's rather sad, the distinctive colours and branding are one of the few reasons anyone is Australia actually gives a s**t about the Hornets. Remember when I was in primary school they were huge, helped by the fact they were the 2nd best team in NBA Jam. Also all this talk made me try to buy a hat, frustrating experience ending in nothing. But yeah so far everything i've seen about the Pelicans rebrand is just lame as hell, however if Charlotte rebrand themselves in the original colours etc. I dare say a lot of non local fans would jump back.

Yeah it's rather sad, the distinctive colours and branding are one of the few reasons anyone is Australia actually gives a s**t about the Hornets. Remember when I was in primary school they were huge, helped by the fact they were the 2nd best team in NBA Jam. Also all this talk made me try to buy a hat, frustrating experience ending in nothing. But yeah so far everything i've seen about the Pelicans rebrand is just lame as hell, however if Charlotte rebrand themselves in the original colours etc. I dare say a lot of non local fans would jump back.

Yeah, we were the 'it' team about 5 minutes.. it all fell apart pretty quickly. Having George Shinn as an owner tends not to help either- this whole mess with re-location and 'brands' is pretty much entirely his fault. He lucked out into owning a team that hit the jackpot in the Draft and sold out every night, and still found a way to ruin it. The Maloofs were obviously inspired by him.

Yeah, we were the 'it' team about 5 minutes.. it all fell apart pretty quickly. Having George Shinn as an owner tends not to help either- this whole mess with re-location and 'brands' is pretty much entirely his fault. He lucked out into owning a team that hit the jackpot in the Draft and sold out every night, and still found a way to ruin it. The Maloofs were obviously inspired by him.
I'd argue the start of it all falling apart was the trading of Mourning. Even then however they managed to not become huge with a player like CP3 as the star still astounds me. Still Davis got some huge publicity helped by the fact he had a few awesome games at the Olympics, as long as they don't screw up the rebrand too badly it could be turned around. Issue is Charlotte will jump on the Hornet name if they can and with the "Bring back the Buzz" campaign going on they will end up being the big winners in this for sure.

I'd argue the start of it all falling apart was the trading of Mourning. Even then however they managed to not become huge with a player like CP3 as the star still astounds me. Still Davis got some huge publicity helped by the fact he had a few awesome games at the Olympics, as long as they don't screw up the rebrand too badly it could be turned around. Issue is Charlotte will jump on the Hornet name if they can and with the "Bring back the Buzz" campaign going on they will end up being the big winners in this for sure.

Absolutely, the LJ/Mourning feud was a catalyst.. they should never have traded 'Zo, Pat Riley couldn't believe his luck. They still never dipped below .500 in the decade before they moved to New Orleans, but it's hard to contend with Glen Rice as your main cog. Then Shinn goes and does this:

http://www.villagevoice.com/1998-12-01/news/billionaire-boys-club/

.. and voila, the golden goose has well and truly been killed. I'm still pissed that the CP3-West-Chandler team was broken up so quickly.. a lot of bad GM decisions were made. Hopefully lessons have been learned and we plan better, or else Davis will follow Zo and CP3 and flee one day.

Absolutely, the LJ/Mourning feud was a catalyst.. they should never have traded 'Zo, Pat Riley couldn't believe his luck. They still never dipped below .500 in the decade before they moved to New Orleans, but it's hard to contend with Glen Rice as your main cog. Then Shinn goes and does this:

http://www.villagevoice.com/1998-12-01/news/billionaire-boys-club/

.. and voila, the golden goose has well and truly been killed. I'm still pissed that the CP3-West-Chandler team was broken up so quickly.. a lot of bad GM decisions were made. Hopefully lessons have been learned and we plan better, or else Davis will follow Zo and CP3 and flee one day.
Yeah surely they've learned from mistakes, will be interesting to see what effect Gordon coming back into the side will have as well, Gordon, Vasquez and Davis should help get some wins on the board... At least you would hope so, even then the whole Gordon / Phoenix issue is another lovely stuff up in the recent history i suppose.

Sister got me an Anthony Davis singlet for Christmas, next year she can get me the Pelicans Anthony Davis singlet.

All I want for Christmas is the tank to keep rolling on.

- Kings to get a new owner who is loaded and willing to spend
- A new experienced gun coach
- A new young and switched on GM Sam Presti style
- Get a new arena in Sacramento
- Cousins to mature and "get it"
- Evans to get a consistent jump shot and stay injury free
- Kings to get #1 pick and draft a superdupermegastar
- Tap Kate Upton

- Kings to get a new owner who is loaded and willing to spend
- A new experienced gun coach
- A new young and switched on GM Sam Presti style
- Get a new arena in Sacramento