Mega Thread The 2013/2014 Offseason Trade & Draft rumour megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think would be a fair trade for him

To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue. I'd want to give him the rest of the season to impress in the seniors and get his value up a bit. His potential is scary really.

He was/could still be a massive Collingwood fan - so I guess that's one of the reasons behind wanting to move down to VIC.

Would be a massive pick-up for you guys. He's been overlooked plenty of times this season at the Lions mainly due to his "defensive reactions" as one of our coaches put it. He constantly picks up 30 + possessions in the reserves and kicks bags of goals. Improved his the tackling aspect of his game as of late - even had 6 tackles in a half of football in the NEAFL a few weeks back.

I'd be absolutely devastated if he left the Lions. One of my favourite players that has been unlucky not to be given more senior football opportunities.
For someone with so much talent/potential, he seems to have been poorly managed by you guys.. I wonder if he signalled his intentions to come back to Melb early and the coaching staff just gave up on him.

There's no need for a new thread on every draft or trade rumour that will fly around this year. I've made a megathread to post them in to prevent too many swamping the board. TradeDraft keep the trade and draft rumours in here. Cheers.

Yeah that is a Good Idea. Does Stop having the Forum Full of Rumor Threads.

The Current Discussion Thing is a Good Idea to have in Title

For someone with so much talent/potential, he seems to have been poorly managed by you guys.. I wonder if he signalled his intentions to come back to Melb early and the coaching staff just gave up on him.

Well, someone like James Polkinghorne was getting games ahead of Karnezis. It says a lot really. Apparently, he had some attitude problems last year - but has since fixed them up. He was praised numerous times by Voss and reserves coach Leigh Harding during the off-season, but just wasn't getting game-time. Perhaps he messed with the wrong person's wife...:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been overlooked plenty of times this season at the Lions mainly due to his "defensive reactions" as one of our coaches put it.
No prob's, continue to work on his defensive game and when you succeed send him our way.;)

Think Didak when you think of Karnezis. Creative forward who has the potential to play through the middle, will be a great get for any team, don't know why he has been playing reserves all year (32 possessions, 4 goals last week).

Would take a bit for us to get him, maybe Josh Thomas/Keefe type and an exchange of picks...

He would definitely fill the hole that Didak/Krakouer are going to leave, wouldn't mind chasing him!
Umm whut?!?!

He was a pick 25 in the 2010 draft, surely a third rounder + a fringe player would be adequate? Isn't like he's taking the comp by storm.

Exactly, so he kicked 4 goals! Oxley kicked 7 last year in the state league and played mostly as a defender.

Do people actually think Jolly will be around next year? He looks shot and has mentioned wanting to finish of his contract. He also said he wanted to finish and be remembered as a contributor, he won't get a better chance than now as he isn't going to be able to contribute next year.

Yes, we need a mature back-up for Witts and Grundy, but I figure the club will go down the VFL route rather than re-signing Jolly.

Jolly recently stated he wants to go around 1 more year and maybe 2 if his body permits.

Karnezis is a good one. I wouldn't pay more than a late 2nd rounder for him but I like his game and would be ok with us making a move for him. A trade of Macaffer if he's looking for greater opportunity, Josh Thomas or Jarryd Blair may also be options with Brisbane looking for a stronger unit through the midfield in addition to key position players.

Karnezis is a tall midfielder who has been underutilised by Brisbane. He had a ripping NAB Cup and has been excellent playing in the reserves all year featuring in the bests just about every week as that dominant player. I can't help but think Brisbane have not played him intentionally with the understanding that he wants out at seasons end anyway because he was set for a breakout season going off those early signs.

Karnezis is a guy you can just about lock and load into the best 22 and have playing right away as a reasonably versatile tall so if we don't like our options in the 2nd round Karnezis is a very solid option to move into.

Banfield? I thought he went ok? Must admit that I haven't seen much of him

He was decent in his first season. Then everything went down-hill pretty much. Inconsistent in all areas of his game. Goal-kicking is poor, fumbles a lot and has had his spot taken by Josh Green.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back