Universal Love The 2014/15 Pre-season Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

We have been very cautious with injuries this preseason. Rightly so. As so many have pointed out, there is no need to risk niggles.

While this might not quite be true all the time, it certainly is pre round 1.

I hope so. Cheney wasn't clear on whether he'd had the scans yet so fingers crossed. Seeing the Kedge torment the roos is one of my favourite things
Yeah he can do multiple things to them. Cover a damaging player while kicking a bag. Get him right and bring him out. Chariots of Fire music while he kicks six.:D

Maybe they were fitter than us? We've done the same thing to other teams in the past, both of our GF victories being prime examples, were we on the juice as well?
the rumours/facts say we were on bovine colostrum, I THINK its legal, but not 100% sure.

I hope so. Cheney wasn't clear on whether he'd had the scans yet so fingers crossed. Seeing the Kedge torment the roos is one of my favourite things

Speaking of Cheney, boy needs to get a decent haircut. Been so proud we havent had any pretty boy metrosexual hipster loser-ish looking players on our list until now. Danger giving it a shake as well. Something needs to be done to keep the good culture. Someone start a campaign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they were fitter than us? We've done the same thing to other teams in the past, both of our GF victories being prime examples, were we on the juice as well?

Mothers milk. Colostrum.

Bump..

Was trying to find out how our injury list this year compares with the same time last year. From my recollection, we didn't have many injuries last year, until we started playing pre-season games, then we copped a few.

We actually had a few though, more than I thought, perhaps because I was comparing to the previous pre-season which had even more :eek:. We had Talia, Thommo, Shaw, Otten, Eddie and Pods on modifieds due to injury or coming off surgery. Lowden had an achilles. VB, Lynch and Hartigan also did all the preseason, but the last two were coming off of neck brace and ruptured spleen respectively.

So this year we have Otto and Hendo with clean outs. Hampton with groin issues. What is it with us recieving players from other clubs that have injuries (Lowden last year) and then fixing them up? Do we get them cheaper this way? Do they not look after them? Do we not push ours hard enough?

Anyway, this year looks a lot better again.

Also worth having a look and laugh at this thread. Page 24 is about December 10th and there is a preseason training report or 7. Then there's a discussion about whether CEY or martin will be delisted, some of you might want to have a review of your calls! Page 35 is about december 20th, so equivalent to now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back