2nds The 2014 SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

iga.jpg
Also just thought of something regarding this

I see that the SANFL have no issue whoring out the state league logo, but its a different when its a state of origin jumper

who's 10 and 15?? Jeansch and Graham???

Yeah, great morale booster to promote them as our SANFL pin up boys :p
Probably would have been most appropriate to use Callinan's number for the media release, given that he's going to be the team Captain for the first year and has a number which most fans would be familiar with.

I'd have no problem if they called the state league side the Ravens.

My first preference would be the crows but if they went with the ravens - no big deal.

It's Crows, the needing another name looks to have just been part of the first round of negotiations, and ravens just came from an article Rucci wrote.

I think referring to it as the state league team was because the SANFL didn't want their league constantly referred to as being lesser or under the AFL with words like seconds or reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to be Crows for the name. One club with an identity crisis is more than enough, thanks.

Why would they mock up a #32 guernsey? It will never get worn. Surely a 10 or a 15 would have been more practical.

I remain hopeful that perhaps they are considering using the new SANFL guernsey for our away or clash AFL matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back