The 2015 Attendance Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns v Cats 4,431 at Tony Ireland Stadium
Crows v Roos 6,000 at Centenary Oval

Loving these packed regional grounds, gives the games a great atmosphere.

Agree, it's been fantastic to actually get some atmosphere for these games. Great turnouts for the first round of matches. Was impressed by the Townsville crowd as I thought that Aussie Rules had almost no profile in that area.

Despite the interesting locations this weekend, I'm now excited to see what kinds of crowds that Ballarat and Bendigo can draw the weekend after.

Why the lol?

It's a preseason comp no one gives a s**t about, in the heart of league territory, during round 1 of the NRL

Just IMO, but pretty damn stupid to schedule any glorified practice matches in western Sydney this week full stop

Why the lol?

It's a preseason comp no one gives a s**t about, in the heart of league territory, during round 1 of the NRL

Just IMO, but pretty damn stupid to schedule any glorified practice matches in western Sydney this week full stop

Probably should have been played in Wagga or Lavington. But I have to say that the games i've seen have been pretty dull matches, and you'd have to be a die hard fan to rock up.

I didn't go to Freo the other day because it was on just too damn early, but I watched most of it on TV and i'm glad I didn't.

Probably should have been played in Wagga or Lavington. But I have to say that the games i've seen have been pretty dull matches, and you'd have to be a die hard fan to rock up.

I didn't go to Freo the other day because it was on just too damn early, but I watched most of it on TV and i'm glad I didn't.

My thoughts exactly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbelltown Oval in outer WS would have been better, probably would have got a bigger crowd and maybe the local club would have benefited

DSCF4160.jpg

Traffic would have put me off Freo Oval.

Looked like a pretty good crowd at Geelong for what is really only a practice match Most of the other football codes get that sort of crowd on a regular basis for their real season matches.

Crowd: 6000 approx. at Eureka Stadium (Ballarat) - WB vs Melb.

Official crowd: 8451 at Lavington Sports Ground (Albury) - Rich vs Port.

Anyone know rough capacities for these grounds? Lavington looked packed from the tv, haven't seen any footage from Eureka.

Watching the Tigers game at Lavington there is no way another 12,000 would fit into that ground. 15,000 tops would see it out.

Was thinking the same thing, unless that hill area is really packed in I suppose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back