Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be an interesting post if we miss the finals again next year.
Was about to say. We are only just bottoming out. Maybe a lower top 8 but nothing beyond that. A few puzzle pieces missing , lack of experience & depth in some departments.

This will be an interesting post if we miss the finals again next year.

No Doodles, you've never been more wrong!

There'll be nothing "interesting" about this place if we miss finals in 2016 :p :oops:

No Doodles, you've never been more wrong!

There'll be nothing "interesting" about this place if we miss finals in 2016 :p :oops:
god help this thread and board if we do miss. I for one will take a month off to miss the rubbish that will be posted

If we miss finals next year then this thread will be absolutely the most interesting place on our board... and rightly so. We have the cattle now and unless we show some real significant improvement at the completion of Buckley's 5th year as coach then he should be out the door and replaced. There is no excuse for us not doing better next year. There's no more excuses.

We'll all be in the " Coach Candidate" thread if we miss finals. This place will be a ghost town as all the haters will be in the "I told you so" thread.
I'll understand the team needs to gel and it may take a little while but with another soft draw it's finals or Ed will walk him out.

9th and they will get rid of Buckley. I definitely think he has been given the ultimatum of finals or out.. With our list finishing at least 8th is very getable
Hardest part will be making finals, once were there i think we'll snag 1 or 2 and surprise the footy world. We've lost a few players of late but the ones that matter are still there with a load of finals experience which the youngsters will feed off.

So do I and finishing 6-9 will be an improvement. But if we're 9th it's very lineball for me.

9th is an interesting position. If we finish 12-10 and miss the finals on percentage I will be OK with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if we do fail to improve again next year.. sacking bucks will of course depend on there being anyone better credentialed available to replace him.

Even if we do fail to improve again next year.. sacking bucks will of course depend on there being anyone better credentialed available to replace him.

True. If it all goes pear shaped next season I can't see us going with an untried coach. It will be a moot point anyway because we are gonna storm the eight next year.

Think this thread is so funny.
We are all expecting to improve and hopefully make finals because we now have the players.
What about the rest of the teams, bet you they are all thinking the same and some will even improve. Maybe more than us.
I wonder if those teams that are expecting to improve will be out for the coaches blood if they don't?

This trade period has changed my view about the merits of re-signing Bucks before the end of next year. When quality young players choose our club it gives me renewed hope for the future and belief in what Buckley is doing. I would support the club signing him up now to a new three year deal.

Gimme a break jmac. You change your opinion like the wind changes. If success is measured by players wanting to come to Collingwood then lets just sign a bloke who everyone loves and fput winning flags at the bottom of the list.

If your were Adam Treloar would you rather play at GWS in front of 5,000 fans or a packed MCG in front of 90,000 fans? He has signed a big contract to play at he greatest club in the land so who can blame him?

As for resigning Bucks lets wait until next year and see if we have improved. I remember when we had Luke Ball and Beams out for long periods and many thought we would turn it around when they came back. It never happened. Resigning a coach based on 2 recruits (whilst forgetting those that we have lost) is a complete and utter joke.

Gimme a break jmac. You change your opinion like the wind changes. If success is measured by players wanting to come to Collingwood then lets just sign a bloke who everyone loves and fput winning flags at the bottom of the list.

If your were Adam Treloar would you rather play at GWS in front of 5,000 fans or a packed MCG in front of 90,000 fans? He has signed a big contract to play at he greatest club in the land so who can blame him?

As for resigning Bucks lets wait until next year and see if we have improved. I remember when we had Luke Ball and Beams out for long periods and many thought we would turn it around when they came back. It never happened. Resigning a coach based on 2 recruits (whilst forgetting those that we have lost) is a complete and utter joke.

I think all supporters go through times where their opinion changes. After all, we all want the same thing so when there are signs of improvement people get excited. You have maintained the same view and that is fair enough. I believe that the club is on the right path now and that things are going to improve rapidly. You are going to be surprised mate, but in a great way. When that flag is won we can all rejoice in Buckley the coach and this thread will be history.

We are all expecting to improve and hopefully make finals because we now have the players.
What about the rest of the teams, bet you they are all thinking the same and some will even improve. Maybe more than us.
I wonder if those teams that are expecting to improve will be out for the coaches blood if they don't?
No I'm sure they'll extend their contracts for another 5 years like any quality organization aiming for success would.

All supporters are basically the same, regardless of the team.

All supporters are basically the same, regardless of the team.
That is what I meant but looking at other clubs threads, we seem to aim high very early. There is hope for some, belief in others, and must for the rest.
Only 8 teams can make it.
I will accept big improvement without too much complaint.

I think all supporters go through times where their opinion changes. After all, we all want the same thing so when there are signs of improvement people get excited. You have maintained the same view and that is fair enough. I believe that the club is on the right path now and that things are going to improve rapidly. You are going to be surprised mate, but in a great way. When that flag is won we can all rejoice in Buckley the coach and this thread will be history.

Mate I hope your are right however resigning him before we see any tangible results borders on suicide. What if we dont improve and stagnate? Are you willing to risk a multi million $ payout if the s**t hits the fan? Did we extend Malthouses contract after we landed Ball and Jolly who helped us to a flag? No so why the hell would we do it so soon now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back