The 2015 SANFL Crows thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Either is Summerton. Didnt stop Port

I dont know why but the SANFL bends over backwards to help and appease those PortPower freeloaders regardless of the abuse and treachery they get in return - it's like the bashed wife (SANFL) who keeps going back to her husband

Thebbie oval is probably a pretty good choice - IF we can't find a base within walking distance of AO.

Thebbie does offer some advantages and opportunities.
Firstly there is plenty of land around it to put down a good sized footprint.
Secondly, there would be an opportunity to perhaps develop something with the council for the local community. The pool area at the back of the oval is well used, but getting pretty run down. A big revamp could be done with Council/ State Govt funding as well. Imagine a big development that includes Crows facilities, a public gym, basketball courts and swimming area. Include some offices for physios, function area etc... like we have at West Lakes and all is good.

The oval itself is a really good size as well and with a little renovation could easily host games.
The is so much land in the North Parklands, near le fever tce (sorta behind Melbourne st and o'connel st (well in that area) when our lease is up at Football park I think North Adelaide should be the place to go. By then all the bay boomers (whinging north Adelaide residents) would have died off. But hey id love to see us build our training base at Thebby. you have the oval and standing room for spectators plus an old stand or 2. That way hopefully by then our SANFL side can play there for our "home" games.

The 28yo player allowance was for 'leadership' but not necessarily as captain. In Port's case they (initially) had Henry Slattery as the 28+ player but saw fit to appoint Summerton as captain.

In any case, I'm not sure if the 28yo allowance is still in place given the SANFL media statement re the 2015 rules (http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2651/):

2015 PLAYER REGULATION CHANGES
1. To be eligible for inclusion on the PAMFC or AFC Supplementary List, a person must be under the age of 23 before January 1 the year in which the player is included on the Supplementary List. A player may play as a top-up player past the age of 23 as long as he is first listed prior to the age of 23. Adelaide and Port Adelaide will be able to retain current contracted players already over the age of 23.
2. PAMFC & AFC cannot contract players for more than one year. This will not impact on current players contracted for more than one season.
3. Players included on the list of AFC or PAMFC cannot be recruited from outside of South Australia. This rule will not be retrospective, allowing those already contracted to Adelaide and Port to continue playing next year.
4. Remove the option for AFC to source top-up players from SANFL clubs. From 2015, Adelaide won’t include players from rival SANFL clubs, with all top-up players to be recruited from Community Football clubs.

My reading is new recruits must be under 23 but they can sign a new contract year by year. And I guess anyone can be appointed captain...

The is so much land in the North Parklands, near le fever tce (sorta behind Melbourne st and o'connel st (well in that area) when our lease is up at Football park I think North Adelaide should be the place to go. By then all the bay boomers (whinging north Adelaide residents) would have died off. But hey id love to see us build our training base at Thebby. you have the oval and standing room for spectators plus an old stand or 2. That way hopefully by then our SANFL side can play there for our "home" games.

Hold on a second. Missus and I just bought a cottage there and walk our dogs in that area the week or so that we'll be there each year. You better not be ruining my dog walking amenity.

Round 1 next year!? (Anyone not mentioned here is in my best 22).

B: Wigg, Cheney, Kelly
HB: Otten, Ramsey, Van Berlo
C: Henderson, Lyons, Mackay
HF: Grigg, McGovern, Beech
F: Milera, Dear, Greenwood
R: O'Brien, Gore, Ellis-Yolmen

Bench/Others: Doedee, Hunter, Lowden, Jaensch, Keath

If i could red card you, i would.

Purely for having Doedee on the bench.

If i could red card you, i would.

Purely for having Doedee on the bench.
Haha, not sure where to put him. He's there because I'd like him to go through midfield rotations (rather than be pigeon holed as a defender!) but atm he's probably behind the more established (but lower ceiling) players like Lyons etc. I hope that'll change fast!!

Does anyone know about what happened with that proposal AFC would only be able to field up to 14 of our listed players each game, is it in or did it get thrown out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who's captain. Matthew Spencely???

He is the only one that played every game last year and with Callinan gone we have no Leadership player or havent chosen one yet. What are the rules now for that.

Nice; I like where you've positioned guys here too (Otten and Ramsay in defence, Greenwood up forward).

I'm keen for Doedee to play midfield too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back