The 2015 TV Ratings thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised that many kept watching.
I barely lasted 10 minutes!

In fact it's been tough watching all of these trial games so far. The camera angles at these random grounds and ordinary pre-season ball handling are making the area around stoppages etc.. look even messier and more congested than ever. Hopefully this doesn't continue in to season proper....

2015AFLRatings.png

Thu TV #NRL #NRLBroncosSouths Nine 653k (Syd 418k Bri 235k) GEM 76k (Mel 71k Per 5k)

Not amazing for a season-opener. Wasn't helped by the kick-off time in Brisbane or the one-sided flogging. Hopefully Blues v Tigers is a closer match.

71k in Melbourne. Pretty happy with that figure.

Thu TV #NRL #NRLBroncosSouths Nine 653k (Syd 418k Bri 235k) GEM 76k (Mel 71k Per 5k)

Not amazing for a season-opener. Wasn't helped by the kick-off time in Brisbane or the one-sided flogging. Hopefully Blues v Tigers is a closer match.
For PER - is 5k as low as it gets? would that represent 1 ratings box? or does 1 box represent a specific figure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For PER - is 5k as low as it gets? would that represent 1 ratings box? or does 1 box represent a specific figure?

It's pretty much like that most weeks, although bear in mind it was at 4:30 yesterday.

There are 500 boxes in Perth at last count, 1 box would result in an average of about 4,000, depending on how many people in that household were watching and the demographics of that household.

The_Wookie I assume that Foxtel IQ recordings count as live viewing? Can you confirm/deny? Cheers :)

Interesting, I and I assume many others watch their team live but also record it, so does that mean we would be counted twice if your assumption is correct?

ps: If we lose the recording gets deleted ASAP without being watched:cry:

No definitive idea to be honest - but Ratings are released in two formats - live and timeshifted if that helps.

I believe that recorded programs are included in timeshifted numbers. I can't see how any numbers would be included in the overnight figures if it wasn't watched live. Bear in mind ratings boxes don't just include the TV being watched, they take into account people in the household watching as well as visitors. So if it's not being watched live, it doesn't know how many will watch the recording when it actually gets watched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back