The 2016 Brownlow Comp - Discussion and Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

brownlow.jpg

2016 BigFooty Brownlow Medal Competition

Enter the comp via the entry thread here.

Hello Boys and Girls, and welcome to the 2016 BigFooty Brownlow Medal Competition.

The aim of the game is to correctly tip, in order, the top three place getters from each club.

The rules are simple. The player you pick to receive the highest amount of votes from each club will be multiplied by three, the player that you pick to finish second will be multiplied by two, and the player you pick to finish last will simply receive his votes.

Hence it is important that you get them in the right order - it could be the difference between winning and losing.

Your score from all eighteen clubs will be tallied in order to determine this years winner.

Additional Rules:

- Only valid entries in to the entry thread will be considered.
- Deadline for entry will be 4pm on the day of the Brownlow, 26th September, 2016.
- Ineligible players ARE included. Only the number of votes counts, not eligibility.
- No editing allowed. Once your entry is made it will be recorded as is, so make sure it's right. Posts deemed to have been unfairly edited will be disregarded. Yes, the mods can tell me this.
- In the event of a tie, the poster who correctly tipped the greatest number of first place getters, then second place getters etc from each club will be declared the winner.

This years winner will be rewarded with the following:

- A shiny new badge
- One years free Platinum Membership

All discussion to be kept to this thread, entries to be made on the entry thread here.

Have fun and good luck!

TENTATIVE FINAL SCORES

(I say tentative because it's after midnight and I need to double check)

BigFooty Member Total
Gift 1583
Athomas 1580
jjsmitty8 1578
BigVic 1576
Lemma 1575
SaintRick88 1574
MJC23 1569
asanque 1568
Jobe Watson 1564
LangdonA 1559
scaryness 1558
MrSpeaker 1558
Abba Lonie 1556
adammania9 1556
Ronald Risher 1555
HSVKing 1553
matey180 1551
Milera2Betts 1550
aCunningPlan 1549
miggs 1549​

Last edited:

Sydney and GWS shaping so far as the sides that will decide this comp.

Both sides are going to attract a lot of votes, and there is a wide range of variability in where people think players will finish.

As opposed to Geelong, where there is very little doubt in placement.

Sloane, Merrett, Neale, Dangerfield, Bontempelli.

Every single person has so far backed these five in to top their clubs respective tallies.

If a smoky gets over the top of one of these would prove a winner to anyone that had picked them.

Whoever gets Sydney right will go a long way to winning this comp.

At least five people have selected one of three different favourites. Considering that your top pick gets multiplied by three - it's going to make a huge difference between peoples scores - could very well prove the difference between winning and losing.

Those putting in Zaharakis basically have no idea on his performance...genuinely struggled because of the tagging he got.

Did you miss half the season?

He was inconsistent, but we're taking about Brownlow votes.

He had 9 games where he had 30+ stats.

And in 2 of Essendon's three wins, he had 34 stats and 40. He comes 1st, 2nd or 3rd for Essendon (likely 2nd).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be doing my best to offer live score updates tonight (coinciding with the ad breaks in the telecast), however that depends on how good my data entry speed is - they read those votes bloody quick nowadays!

Jade Ive edited mine a lot - is this allowed?

- No editing allowed. Once your entry is made it will be recorded as is, so make sure it's right. Posts deemed to have been unfairly edited will be disregarded. Yes, the mods can tell me this.

Generally no, the reason for that is two-fold, one, entering the details and making sure they are correct is quite time consuming. And two, I can imagine people editing them multiple times and then trying to dispute what their entries actually were.

Hence your entry is as it was when you first entered it.

BUT, I should have some time to edit later today - no promises just yet though, will confirm.

Ah ok, how about if I delete my current entry and re-post is as a new one before 4pm? Is that ok?

Same problem mate - just leave it with me; I should be able to confirm your changed entry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back