2nds The 2016 Casey thread

Wind was shocking - both teams played poorly against it, we just couldnt capitalize enough.

Our contest in the last 5 minutes was poor - Weid and Hulett were cooked and couldnt make a target.

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
Pedersen was fugly i thought. Garland had dome absolutely horrid disposals. None of the defenders did what the coach asked in the second quarter, especially Dunn.

The miss from 20m out directly in front at the non scoring end was criminal and probably cost us the game I reckon. I know you could pick out a bunch of things but that just woukd have iced it I reckon.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Pedersen was fugly i thought. Garland had dome absolutely horrid disposals. None of the defenders did what the coach asked in the second quarter, especially Dunn.

The miss from 20m out directly in front at the non scoring end was criminal and probably cost us the game I reckon. I know you could pick out a bunch of things but that just woukd have iced it I reckon.

That and Garlands dropped/missed mark in the forward line should've given us pretty much an unassailable lead. Big missed opportunity that game.

RpUNfhf.png

Ns9kPUR.png

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surprised if ANB isn't already touring other teams facilities, Lin Jong style.

Play him for the rest of the god damn season. Can't be any worse than BenKen

Suffers from being an inside mid. Wouldn't be surprised if we trade him, I reckon he could be a solid AFL level player.
Yep I agree with this.. we need pace in the team and that is one thing he doesn't have.. we'll need some value at the trade table to work with and I rekon he could be it

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Salem and JKH named in Caseys development side (along with King) strangely.

Anyone getting down to watch, its a backwards day due to the televised game. Seniors on at 11:40, development on after that. Big finals implications from these games

Salem and JKH named in Caseys development side (along with King) strangely.

Anyone getting down to watch, its a backwards day due to the televised game. Seniors on at 11:40, development on after that. Big finals implications from these games
Salem will probably be on limited minutes you would expect.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did Couch have the huge numbers ANB is putting up? And age difference is there. Iirc Couch wasn't putting up comparable numbers to ANB at similar ages. Could be wrong though.

Ps I do see Ur point though
Couch dominated at casey for a year, won our B&f convincingly and came second in the liston

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Salem will probably be on limited minutes you would expect.
Strange though. They normally do limited minutes in the seniors (viney, trac etc). The missus said she thinks he's the first "actual melbourne player" to play in development this season.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Strange though. They normally do limited minutes in the seniors (viney, trac etc). The missus said she thinks he's the first "actual melbourne player" to play in development this season.
I think they're probably just doing whats best by Casey. A really important game in the context of finals, so rather than making life difficult for the seniors being a man or two down for large parts of the game, bring them back on limited minutes through the Dev League.

Casey having a good a crack at the flag this year is really important for MFC as well ... any finals experience is valuable.

Out of curiosity, how many games to our AFL guys need to have played to qualify for finals?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I wonder if we really want to keep ANB? I'd want to keep him but he has been given the same treatment as Grimes and Newton this year
In for 2 to look at them and then back into the reserves again like we had seen enough

Maybe the thyroid issue has beaten him about more than anyone thought?

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think they're probably just doing whats best by Casey. A really important game in the context of finals, so rather than making life difficult for the seniors being a man or two down for large parts of the game, bring them back on limited minutes through the Dev League.

Casey having a good a crack at the flag this year is really important for MFC as well ... any finals experience is valuable.

Out of curiosity, how many games to our AFL guys need to have played to qualify for finals?
Could be it. Although the development side was a bit weird. Had a few of the casey seniors boys in it.

Need 6 games played at VFL level if you play at AFL level after July 1 i'm pretty sure.

Back