2nds The 2016 Casey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Then the seniors will have to do the same thing a week later :drunk:

But hey, winning is winning. For Casey to play finals (and hopefully go deep) with a lot of AFL listed guys playing can surely only make the group even more hungry for success.
The fixturing is stupid
Development at sandy next Saturday
Vfl at Geelong next Sunday
Melbourne at Geelong the following weekend

I don't get to see any of the games so can someone enlighten me? Has JKH been really good or is it a matter of someone having to kick a lot of goals in big wins? I think someone mentioned he has a year to run so I'm happy to see what he can put together in that time before worrying about the congestion of small forwards next year.
What I really like is that finally we are able to give kids time to develop without them needing to play afl (see Hunt) before getting cut. That's the sign of strong depth.

He is on restricted minutes by the look of it he was off three times in the first quarter alone, did not notice him in the second. I think he is pretty fresh after half time hence the 3 goals in the third this (and last) week. Looks pretty good. Just wish he would not fly for marks as much as he does. He would be a great crumber but yesterday he was going for grabs. When he stayed on the ground he got the loose ball and goals.
Thought Salem looked pretty good too but again on limited minutes (I think). Smooth as!

9Idny75.png

rHeRPfN.png

Casey wont be shown till the finals. It's part of the Channel 7 agreement, every club rotates to keep fans interested though Casey have been the highest viewed team since 7 took over.

15 Melbourne listed players against 11 Norf listed players, though J Smith maybe doesn't count so much being a Cat B rookie. 507 disposals against 292! :eek:

I think even more worrying for Norf should be that only 2 of Werribee's 6 bests were Norf players, with none in the best 3.

You could certainly say that the Melbourne players there are more experienced though.

Also, VFL televised game next week clashing with Carlton game no doubt?
Won't be televised as far as I know. They normally tell trainers if it is. Just a weird time slot I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No TV Coverage during the Olympics by channel 7. Returns round 21 apparently. Guess I will have to go to the cattery
I'm contemplating heading down, but a two hour drive and the weather is a massive turn off

I'm contemplating heading down, but a two hour drive and the weather is a massive turn off
I come 2 and a half hours to get to the MCG on a wet winters day, for AFL games. I'm sure you'll be fine

I come 2 and a half hours to get to the MCG on a wet winters day, for AFL games. I'm sure you'll be fine
I'd have to leave my house at 9am and drive, and I've got my clubs silly Saturday the day/night before. I don't stress about missing one game

No finals then? Go big at the silly saturday and listen to Casey Radio or maybe Kroc if they are broadcasting.
Nope, needed to make up about 20% last weekend and got nowhere near (although we did need to make up 395 points)

ANB is going to demand a trade and i dont blame him, too good to be playing VFL. sigh.
Perhaps but we're going to suffer injuries eventually and IMO he's an ideal candidate to replace Vince in a couple of years. Who knows, he might even go past someone like VandenBerg or Garlett or Bugg up forward or Jones could slip...

Casey wont be shown till the finals. It's part of the Channel 7 agreement, every club rotates to keep fans interested though Casey have been the highest viewed team since 7 took over.
Won't be televised as far as I know. They normally tell trainers if it is. Just a weird time slot I think
Thought someone specifically referenced our (Casey) game as the televised game this week? Earlier in this thread...

Second year player demanding a trade - we'll send him to Brisbane. :rolleyes:

I should have worded it better, not so much demand, but other teams will be sniffing around, and he would be happy to go to a team where he can get a game.

I should have worded it better, not so much demand, but other teams will be sniffing around, and he would be happy to go to a team where he can get a game.

Obvious one would be Adelaide, he's south Australian and they need midfield depth

Can't see ANB replacing one of the flankers, he's shown he can play the role but everything I've seen of him combined with his VFL stats say he is a ball winner who could rest forward

If we had even had a couple injuries this year he would be first 22 so I wouldn't be going anywhere if I were him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back