2nds The 2016 Casey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah too good.... Kilsyth?
My club just picked up someone from kilsyth :straining:

Bloke in my home town was poached to another side for 1200 a game
He was bloody good but that's nearly 30k over a season for a bloke who got pissed instead of training
Not even that huge for a paycheque. My brothers junior club was apparently spending around 500k a year on players minimum

Yeah would hate to think what the top end EFL clubs like Vermont, Balwyn, Noble Park spend. Would be near impossible to compete with them, evidenced by the fact they've the bulk of the last 20 flags between them
EDFL pays huge amounts, one club in divi 1 of my league does too, and a lot of the bush leagues pay a s**t load, because footy is all their towns have. I know a few people have left VFL to go back and make more money playing local.

EDFL pays huge amounts, one club in divi 1 of my league does too, and a lot of the bush leagues pay a s**t load, because footy is all their towns have. I know a few people have left VFL to go back and make more money playing local.
And how could you blame them?
King of whichever town they play for (until they bail for more elsewhere), train twice a week, play close to home - too easy!
Mornington league got some coin too

A lot of clubs pay more than VFL. Know a guy at Darley in the Ballarat league who had offers to play VFL with Geelong but they were offering about half what Darley was paying him.

A lot of clubs pay more than VFL. Know a guy at Darley in the Ballarat league who had offers to play VFL with Geelong but they were offering about half what Darley was paying him.
There was a bloke at my club (who spectacularly quit) that was getting paid as much per goal as some of the development players per game

Good for bonding when the rest of the lads find out!!
Oh I meant someone at my club was getting $100 a goal, and I know people who play VFL development getting less than that a week.

Oh I meant someone at my club was getting $100 a goal, and I know people who play VFL development getting less than that a week.
Is it you since you are a defender?
The rare goal cashy hahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it you since you are a defender?
The rare goal cashy hahahaha
Haha no. Although the guy who signed it thought he was going to clean up. Until he stopped kicking goals for two weeks and they moved him to the wing. He quit after that.
I could've been a goal kicking defender if the missus had told Dunn to train me like I asked haha

Haha no. Although the guy who signed it thought he was going to clean up. Until he stopped kicking goals for two weeks and they moved him to the wing. He quit after that.
I could've been a goal kicking defender if the missus had told Dunn to train me like I asked haha

Dunn wanted you to grow a cheesy stash yeah?

Bloke in my home town was poached to another side for 1200 a game
He was bloody good but that's nearly 30k over a season for a bloke who got pissed instead of training
Heard of some stuff.

One guy I know who plays EFL was paid 1500 a game a few years back when he was poached...the club grabbed a group of 6 from another team and was paying them all up something like $10k a week...

Heard of some stuff.

One guy I know who plays EFL was paid 1500 a game a few years back when he was poached...the club grabbed a group of 6 from another team and was paying them all up something like $10k a week...
Pretty common. The caps in the efl are pretty big

There's heaps of money in the bush leagues. Plenty of guys getting $1000 a week. * knows how the club's come up with it. This year there was literally a plane chartered each week for footballers coming down from Darwin to play around Swan Hill and Mildura. They were basically professional footballers.

There's heaps of money in the bush leagues. Plenty of guys getting $1000 a week. **** knows how the club's come up with it. This year there was literally a plane chartered each week for footballers coming down from Darwin to play around Swan Hill and Mildura. They were basically professional footballers.

Well, even theres 1000 blokes all sinking tinnies for 5 hours and you charge $4 a tinny....

If any clubs down there have club houses even half the size of Southport's up here it wouldn't be a surprise how they come about the money! They've got more than they know what to do with, every season they've built, renovated or extended something.

They also have some pretty good ways to get around the salary cap, years ago I was there mid week for a national champs, and Sam Gilbert (year before he was drafted to St Kilda) was driving a golf cart around pretending to be a groundsman. Word was they also had about 20 players employed as bar staff for a bar that never opened.

If any clubs down there have club houses even half the size of Southport's up here it wouldn't be a surprise how they come about the money! They've got more than they know what to do with, every season they've built, renovated or extended something.

They also have some pretty good ways to get around the salary cap, years ago I was there mid week for a national champs, and Sam Gilbert (year before he was drafted to St Kilda) was driving a golf cart around pretending to be a groundsman. Word was they also had about 20 players employed as bar staff for a bar that never opened.
That's an ammos move "hey. Come to our club to play footy. We can't pay you. But here's a car and a 60k apprenticeship"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back