2nds The 2016 Casey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

that is basically the SANFL
Ammos aren't allowed to pay, so they have to do it that way.
They also can't sell booze at clubs during games, I lasted all of 6 weeks playing there

That's brilliant news... hopefully it means we're one step closer to a standalone VFL team.
Scorps are virtually the MFC standalone. Coach picked by MFC + MFC bailout gave the club control. The advantage is the growth corridor presence. I don't think you'll see a MFC side in the VFL, like you won't see a Hawthorn or a Carlton now.

The club will continue to play at and build up Casey.

Agree, where do you plonk a standalone MFC side? Pay Richmond to share Punt Road, complete with yellow and black memorabilia?

Agree, where do you plonk a standalone MFC side? Pay Richmond to share Punt Road, complete with yellow and black memorabilia?
Yup. Gosch's is a literal paddock. You'd be paying the Tiges or Collingwood. Junction Oval out with the Vics moving there. From there...you're looking at one of the private schools (who won't give up their Ammos for AFL reserves) or going a fair way out.

Unless the Docklands thing happens which is a bad idea if it involves putting a footy side over there.

That's brilliant news... hopefully it means we're one step closer to a standalone VFL team.
Melbourne could never go stand alone, unlike other AFL reserves sides we don't have a suburban ground to fall back on

As much as i like the club having so much control i do feel sad for aligned sides. Either change your clubs face and identity to match it's AFL club or go out into the wilderness and die like Frankston

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as i like the club having so much control i do feel sad for aligned sides. Either change your clubs face and identity to match it's AFL club or go out into the wilderness and die like Frankston
Not really an either or. Port Melbourne are doing pretty well for themselves
Frankston were ****ed over by the VFL office. Wouldn't give them the help they needed

Frankston were stuffed over by the VFL office. Wouldn't give them the help they needed
By the sounds of it Frankston will be back in '18 too

Frankston were stuffed over by the VFL office. Wouldn't give them the help they needed
Port and us are doing well for the moment. But i'd be lying if i thought we wouldn't head down the ladder due to being outplayed by AFL reserve talent. Port are slowly going down, and i feel we will follow. In the long run i don't think plumbers can keep up with professional footballers.

Back to my point about aligned clubs loosing their face, you couldn't count the amount of times channel 7 and previously ABC commentators called Box hill, Hawthorn

Port and us are doing well for the moment. But i'd be lying if i thought we wouldn't head down the ladder due to being outplayed by AFL reserve talent. Port are slowly going down, and i feel we will follow. In the long run i don't think plumbers can keep up with professional footballers.

Back to my point about aligned clubs loosing their face, you couldn't count the amount of times channel 7 and previously ABC commentators called Box hill, Hawthorn
We are an aligned club? I'm confused?

Port Melbourne won't drop. They are one of the most heavily successful clubs in the VFL.

By the sounds of it Frankston will be back in '18 too
Yep. Outside help, but other clubs tried to do things to help Frankston and the VFL bombed it

We are an aligned club? I'm confused?

Port Melbourne won't drop. They are one of the most heavily successful clubs in the VFL.

Yep. Outside help, but other clubs tried to do things to help Frankston and the VFL bombed it
Sorry meant 'us' as in williamstown

Its a good move by Melbourne they keep their strength in the south eastern suburbs and new supporters away from Saint Kilda and Casey keeps on ticking.

Hopefully means more money into the club for players, staff and coaches

From a AFL perspective, the move is good as VFL exposure is a lot higher on the seven network since ABC got funding cut. Growing the Melbourne brand on TV in the VFL is good as interest grows. As an added bonus even more attention will pour into the VFL with seven cutting the saturday afternoon AFL games which one would think leads to VFL games being placed in that slot.

More exposure for Melbourne, through Casey at the lower level

Sorry meant 'us' as in williamstown
Williamstown will always be around, they control that whole district from under 13's upwards. The money you guys make from the pokies keeps the club going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back