Scandal The 2016 finals series was rigged

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that pissed me off the most was the media never even acknowledged the umpiring. I watched all the football shows after that match and no one mentioned the lopsided umpiring, no one mentioned the umpiring at all.

If the umpiring was so bad that even the AFL rang the Swans to apologise why didn't the media cover it at all?
Same reason you are not complaining about years of lopsided COLA

Haha how have I missed this thread before. Fantastic stuff.

Of course it was rigged. League wide umpire conspiracy to gift the Dogs a premiership. They're doing it again this year too!

you paid the $150 to get a photo with the premiership cup didn't you?

Isn't it strange how swans fans don't talk about 2012.
Received an extra day's rest although Hawthorn was the higher qualifier.
Received some 'Questionable" free kicks even received a 50m penalty that more like 70m that resulted in a goal that halted Hawthorn's momentum.
Ask a Hawks fan why we lost.....easy...played average..missed easy goals..
Swans fans are just shitty they lost 2 GF's they were supposed to win.

Received some 'Questionable" free kicks even received a 50m penalty that more like 70m that resulted in a goal that halted Hawthorn's momentum.

We don't talk about 2006 either as that was a mostly fair umpiring display.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess you answered your own question. Not all games are the same.

Also hard to claim Hawks were dogged on the free kicks when you won the count 21-10 :openmouth:

The issue isn't the free kick count - that's just the easy one to point at. The issue was free kicks which didn't exist were awarded to the Bulldogs, meanwhile free kicks which did exist weren't awarded to the Swans. It wasn't once off either, it was throughout the first 3 quarters and it is 100% what kept the Bulldogs in the game. Without the lopsided free kick count it wouldn't have been a close match.

It's amazing how dogged Bulldogs fans defend every call though. Even when the umpires themselves have said calls were incorrect Bulldogs fans have claimed they are the authority on adjudicating the rules

The issue isn't the free kick count - that's just the easy one to point at. The issue was free kicks which didn't exist were awarded to the Bulldogs, meanwhile free kicks which did exist weren't awarded to the Swans. It wasn't once off either, it was throughout the first 3 quarters and it is 100% what kept the Bulldogs in the game. Without the lopsided free kick count it wouldn't have been a close match.

It's amazing how dogged Bulldogs fans defend every call though. Even when the umpires themselves have said calls were incorrect Bulldogs fans have claimed they are the authority on adjudicating the rules
Who ever said that time is the best healer?

Neat. Wish they'd rig Melbourne a premiership too.
Well u got your wish, they did it the 2021 grand final was rigged, that game was full of free kicks that Melbourne should not have been given and Bulldogs not getting ones they should of.

Yep
Haha how have I missed this thread before. Fantastic stuff.

Of course it was rigged. League wide umpire conspiracy to gift the Dogs a premiership. They're doing it again this year too!
Yep The Bulldogs got screwed over just to give Melbourne a premiership, this is why I no longer support the AFL

Yep

Yep The Bulldogs got screwed over just to give Melbourne a premiership, this is why I no longer support the AFL
And to clarify i know the Bulldogs 1216 game was rigged and I cant stand it because I know we had the skill to win it fairly.
Something really needs to be done about the AFL, idk if its the umpires themselves or the higher ups telling them too but rigging matches is unacceptable, we need games to be won fairly otherwise the entire sport is brought down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back