Scandal The 2016 finals series was rigged

Remove this Banner Ad

If memory serves me one of those three umpired this years grand final. I’m sure the AFL found conclusive evidence of Sydney choking once again.
Even better, it was two of them.

(No bearing on the result mind, I did think the cats got away with diving on the ball a bit but were extremely hot to ping us HTB in the same scenario)

Has any team ever won a game with 3 free kicks to 3qtr time? I dunno for sure but I can probably guess.

AFL wanted a dogs win. AFL heads with articles getting written about "a dogs or tigers win would be good for the game" during the preseason. A game style built around deliberately throwing the ball. Puff pieces in the AFL media about the bulldogs "handball club" to massage the view that they're just really really quick handballs (mmm nah they're throws). Gil crying and hugging Gordon on the ground after the game saying its the best day of his life lol

Evil swans had to be punished for "stealing" buddy from GWS, trade ban wasn't enough.
Ah yes the AFL wanted a team in one of the poorest developed places in the country to win a premiership over a market they’ve tried for decades to win over in Sydney.

Even still, I’d love to hear your opinions on Barry Hall getting off a suspension for punching Matt Maguire in the stomach fifty meters off the ball, leading your team to victory in 05. Was that an AFL lead agenda as well or are we not allowed to talk about that?

Ah yes the AFL wanted a team in one of the poorest developed places in the country to win a premiership over a market they’ve tried for decades to win over in Sydney.

Even still, I’d love to hear your opinions on Barry Hall getting off a suspension for punching Matt Maguire in the stomach fifty meters off the ball, leading your team to victory in 05. Was that an AFL lead agenda as well or are we not allowed to talk about that?
F5D9856C-F428-4157-BB47-A8AA9CB2EFDF.jpeg
At least we made the most of getting a ‘leg up’ from the umpires.

Not as bad as Cotchin getting off of jumping into Sheil in '17. At least the AFL booked Hall and then we had to fight to over turn it with a shitty loophole (like Cripps this year)

Not as bad as Cotchin getting off of jumping into Sheil in '17. At least the AFL booked Hall and then we had to fight to over turn it with a shitty loophole (like Cripps this year)
I’ll take that as you erring on the side of not wanting to talk about it.

In closing, the article regarding the 2016 grand final states: “The Sydney coaches’ own review of the Grand Final largely attributed the loss to not having enough contributors from their 22 in comparison with the more evenly-performed Bulldogs.”

I’ll take that as you erring on the side of not wanting to talk about it.

In closing, the article regarding the 2016 grand final states: “The Sydney coaches’ own review of the Grand Final largely attributed the loss to not having enough contributors from their 22 in comparison with the more evenly-performed Bulldogs.”

No s**t the club isn't going to say anything publicly.

What was the first question asked at Horses presser though. "What did you think about the umpiring?"

Just under 2 minutes during the 3rd quarter (from 8.33 to 7.08)

Somehow the umps managed to pick out 2 dubious frees against the Swans, but manage to miss a list of frees that should have been paid against the dogs

8.33 - throw from Libba - no free
8.19 - throw from Libba - no free
8.07 - throw from Mccrae - no free
7.45 - Dale Morris slides and takes out Papley's legs - no free
7.28 - Rampe called holding the ball after Dalhaus slipped off him in the tackle - free kick bulldogs
7.08 - suspect high contact to Clay Smith after he slips - free kick bulldogs (goal)

No s**t the club isn't going to say anything publicly.

What was the first question asked at Horses presser though. "What did you think about the umpiring?"
Why not? He did it this year post the game against us? What were the AFL punishing you for this time.

If memory serves me one of those three umpired this years grand final. I’m sure the AFL found conclusive evidence of Sydney choking once again.
74 points is a decent choke, so I wouldn't go throwing stones.

AFL reviewed the dogs record since 16, concluded they have no chance unless given an armchair ride by the umps.

Did he? Source? Not saying it didn't happen but I didn't see anything about that

Better off watching the press conference though. He’s clearly making it known he wasn’t impressed.

Conceding 100 points in a half when you're side was in the match until half time is a total capitulation. Get off it you tosser.

But if the 7 points makes helps you sleep at night then you can have it.
To be fair to them, not much point defending in the last when you're completely blown the * out in the third quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better off watching the press conference though. He’s clearly making it known he wasn’t impressed.
Oh my God he was furious!

"'I'll have to go back and look (at the footage),' a clearly frustrated Longmire said.

'What else can I say?'"

🤣

Oh my God he was furious!

"'I'll have to go back and look (at the footage),' a clearly frustrated Longmire said.

'What else can I say?'"

🤣
You didn’t even know about it.

I watched the press conference. He was clearly angry.

Your*

I’d rather be in it for three quarters than not in it at all.
74 / 81 is splitting hairs, but if you see that as a win, good for you.

Totally capitulating and conceding 100 points in the second half of a GF vs being uncompetitive from midway through the first quarter. Don't think you can hang your hat on either outcome.

But you do you.

74 / 81 is splitting hairs, but if you see that as a win, good for you.

Totally capitulating and conceding 100 points in the second half of a GF vs being uncompetitive from midway through the first quarter. Don't think you can hang your hat on either outcome.

But you do you.
Alright let’s call it splitting hairs. I guess I’ll just have to have the 2016 grand final help me sleep. What a shame.

You seem to be the one proud of not losing by as much.
No I am very much annoyed that we lost. Regardless of the score. But it’s one grand final. You guys are an accurate Hawthorn away from losing your last five straight.

You didn’t even know about it.

I watched the press conference. He was clearly angry.
He gets two dumb questions about a knee injury which he laughs at, then two dumb questions about the umpiring which he can't answer without getting a fine. The second one he smiles, shrugs his shoulders and says "I don't know".

Wow, such angry, many frustration. Surprised he didn't just berate the journalists like some other coaches would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back