Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
The BF Dees Rising Star - The Issac Weetra Memorial Trophy

Named after everyone's favourite Demon prospect, the Weetra has a 'distinguished' history throughout the annals. Various winners have popped up throughout the years. This award can only go to posters who begun their participation on BigFooty after the conclusion of the previous season.

This year, in the spirit of all things being equal, we have another set of joint winners!

These two provide a great deal of participation on the Dees board and cracked in with all sorts of posts throughout the year. Hopefully it spurs them to keep coming on here and venting to their hearts' content!

Congratulations, therefore, to Sando22 and TheCount, who have jointly won the Weetra!

(They also tied in the vote count for POTY FWIW).

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The BF Dees Rising Star - The Issac Weetra Memorial Trophy

Named after everyone's favourite Demon prospect, the Weetra has a 'distinguished' history throughout the annals. Various winners have popped up throughout the years. This award can only go to posters who begun their participation on BigFooty after the conclusion of the previous season.

This year, in the spirit of all things being equal, we have another set of joint winners!

These two provide a great deal of participation on the Dees board and cracked in with all sorts of posts throughout the year. Hopefully it spurs them to keep coming on here and venting to their hearts' content!

Congratulations, therefore, to Sando22 and TheCount, who have jointly won the Weetra!

(They also tied in the vote count for POTY FWIW).

blitznu was ROBBED

Congratulations to Topkent and Proper Gander, very worthy winners, always a pleasure reading your stuff, no matter how arcane (PG), and sometimes controversial (TK) you are. Also congrats to TheCount and Sando, well done.

So, you mongs, when does Dez! get his trident ?

quit the suspense and give the man the award we all came to see.

Last edited:
So, you mongs, when does Dez! get his trident ?

quit the suspense and give the man the award we all came to see.
I can't speak for the other mods but I'm most definitely not Mongolian.

Okay so you're not

But what about Dez!'s trident?
Trident(s) will be announced shortly PG but you'll have to prepare yourself for the possibility that Dez! may not be a winner.

The Trident Award - Outstanding Contributions to the board

This award is purely about rewarding above-and-beyond effort on here, even if it doesn't necessarily attract the eye through a season. Trident winners often put in significant work to help improve the board quality throughout the year.

Going with our theme of ties, this year two posters have been simply outstanding with their efforts. The first spends every weekend at Casey, reporting on efforts by all of the Demon reserves and kids. Moreover, he often entertains with the hilarious off-field stuff - like getting drunk and nearly getting recruited himself. Congratulations and thank you to DemonTim !

The second poster has put together an extraordinary archive of televised Melbourne matches. I honestly doubt there is such a comprehensive archive anywhere outside of the MFC itself. Broken down by quarter, you can now watch any MFC game from the past ten years thanks to this guy. Congratulations and thank you to darthsidusfan for all your efforts!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The Trident Award - Outstanding Contributions to the board

This award is purely about rewarding above-and-beyond effort on here, even if it doesn't necessarily attract the eye through a season. Trident winners often put in significant work to help improve the board quality throughout the year.

Going with our theme of ties, this year two posters have been simply outstanding with their efforts. The first spends every weekend at Casey, reporting on efforts by all of the Demon reserves and kids. Moreover, he often entertains with the hilarious off-field stuff - like getting drunk and nearly getting recruited himself. Congratulations and thank you to DemonTim !

The second poster has put together an extraordinary archive of televised Melbourne matches. I honestly doubt there is such a comprehensive archive anywhere outside of the MFC itself. Broken down by quarter, you can now watch any MFC game from the past ten years thanks to this guy. Congratulations and thank you to darthsidusfan for all your efforts!
Well done to both trident winners and I don't think there is anyone more deserving. I think the archive of matches from Darthsidusfan is sensational, and DT has probably done more to promote the interests of Casey amongst the more lazy supporters (me) who don't put enough effort into following the VFL competition.

Better choices then any other. Even Des! And that's a big, big call.

Never have i had so much fun categorizing pain and misery. But nah, enjoyed making the achieve, very thankful to share the Trident with DemonTim who did some great work braving the colds of Casey. Sometimes we really do have fun on here, it was a very good year this year.

Sometimes i think of this board as a dysfunctional family. We all argue and bicker with each other, but as soon as someone from the outside comes in and has a go we all stick up for each other. That said we have family friends of the board too.

me right now
images

Never have i had so much fun categorizing pain and misery. But nah, enjoyed making the achieve, very thankful to share the Trident with DemonTim who did some great work braving the colds of Casey. Sometimes we really do have fun on here, it was a very good year this year.

Sometimes i think of this board as a dysfunctional family. We all argue and bicker with each other, but as soon as someone from the outside comes in and has a go we all stick up for each other. That said we have family friends of the board too.
As a mod and poster I've enjoyed your contributions over the years mate and the archive was a massive effort. :thumbsu:

Back