BF Awards The 2016 Melbourne Board Poster of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

The Trident Award - Outstanding Contributions to the board

This award is purely about rewarding above-and-beyond effort on here, even if it doesn't necessarily attract the eye through a season. Trident winners often put in significant work to help improve the board quality throughout the year.

Going with our theme of ties, this year two posters have been simply outstanding with their efforts. The first spends every weekend at Casey, reporting on efforts by all of the Demon reserves and kids. Moreover, he often entertains with the hilarious off-field stuff - like getting drunk and nearly getting recruited himself. Congratulations and thank you to DemonTim !

The second poster has put together an extraordinary archive of televised Melbourne matches. I honestly doubt there is such a comprehensive archive anywhere outside of the MFC itself. Broken down by quarter, you can now watch any MFC game from the past ten years thanks to this guy. Congratulations and thank you to darthsidusfan for all your efforts!

1160.gif

This must be some sort of sick joke, thats not how you spell Dez!

If we ever did have a opposition poster award what would you call it?

'United Nations Messenger of Peace'
'The Switzerland award'
'The Judas Award'
'The KGB award - For infiltrating foreign soil'
'The Peter Moore Award'
'The band-wagoner award'
'The Rock Award - They can small what we are cooking'
'The yous no longer a flog now you've been accepted by us award'

I think I might have accidentally become drunk. Sorry to interrupt the thread. Which one is it anyway. Never mind I'll try eating a souvlaki
7:22pm

Amateur.

I think I might have accidentally become drunk. Sorry to interrupt the thread. Which one is it anyway. Never mind I'll try eating a souvlaki
You go for Carlton now?

If we ever did have a opposition poster award what would you call it?

'United Nations Messenger of Peace'
'The Switzerland award'
'The Judas Award'
'The KGB award - For infiltrating foreign soil'
'The Peter Moore Award'
'The band-wagoner award'
'The Rock Award - They can small what we are cooking'
'The yous no longer a flog now you've been accepted by us award'
The yous no longer a flog now you've been accepted by us award' would be my selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After witnessing Topkent and Proper Gander perform at an elite level this season. Things to work on in the off season in order to improve my form next season:
  1. Practice getting drunk and posting random confusing stuff that is somehow informative and make sense when you put it all together but still leaves people wondering about my sanity, all the while remaining a likeable character
  2. Move to Canada and become a grumpy Kent
Any other tips you guys as I enter my second season you guys?

BTW Striker475 do you guys read through every thread on the board to determine the winner? Or are there certain ones you focus on such as game day etc?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
After witnessing Topkent and Proper Gander perform at an elite level this season. Things to work on in the off season in order to improve my form next season:
  1. Practice getting drunk and posting random confusing stuff that is somehow informative and make sense when you put it all together but still leaves people wondering about my sanity, all the while remaining a likeable character

BTW Striker475 do you guys read through every thread on the board to determine the winner? Or are there certain ones you focus on such as game day etc?
3. Pay

I get a feel based on the general patterns of posting on the board. It's both quality AND quantity for mine.

May 27, 2012
Derweze, Turkmenistan
AFL Club
Melbourne

Based on my experience 1 gag about Spencer's hair = 1 vote. Prepare for 69 consecutive Spencilfro posts.

Based on my experience 1 gag about Spencer's hair = 1 vote. Prepare for 69 consecutive Spencilfro posts.

So you're saying if I make a gag about spencils hair and then speak negatively about Wagner in any way I may poll 3 votes from Striker475 each week?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Rising Star last year to UP16 this year and then doubled with the PoTY!

There's nothing left for you to achieve next year?
Aiming for a trident now. I need to do something worthy though like call everyone racist at random or just give everyone cash

Back