• Brandon Ingram

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone tell me, on draft night when a pick gets traded, who gets to take the pick? The former team or the new team?

Can someone tell me, on draft night when a pick gets traded, who gets to take the pick? The former team or the new team?
The team who originally had the pick makes the pick, obviously on behalf of the team that they traded the pick to. They do this because the trade isn't finalised as the formal paperwork hasn't been processed by the league.

I think it was only last year, or the year before, that two teams did this, only for the trade not to go through due to the traded player (not the pick) in the deal not passing a physical, team was left with the player they drafted for the other team.

So Buddy and Diallo. Best SG and high upside, high energy length monster.

Super solid draft for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't have imagined paring Ainge in the same sentence as Vlade as the biggest loser of the draft, but here we are.

Probably because he's not in Vlade's realm of WTF. I can see why he picked who he did even if I'm sketchy on the picks.

We also had some wins today. We didn't draft Bender, Maker or Skal and Brooklyn became worse today making the chance of them sucking this season greater.

Probably because he's not in Vlade's realm of WTF. I can see why he picked who he did even if I'm sketchy on the picks.

We also had some wins today. We didn't draft Bender, Maker or Skal and Brooklyn became worse today making the chance of them sucking this season greater.

What Nets 2017 picks do Boston own?

Back