Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
13537576_10208013274708815_565802752252644478_n.jpg

Apr 25, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
After today I reckon Melbourne would have to be up there with the highest rate of #1 draftees of all player birth cities (maybe top 10?)
Bogut 2005, Kyrie 2011 and now Simmons 2016 and Melbourne has the most no1 picks in last 15 years from city of birth in nba

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
tbf it was fair to get rid of Oladipo, but they could have got better

The Magic weren't going anywhere with a back court of Payton + Oladipo. Both good with potential, but not a good match seeing neither can shoot

Thats one reason why I am excited we got Murray, he can complement Mudiay if he never develops a jump shot.

Reckon the Magic could have or should have tried to swap Oladipo for Jimmy Butler in some way (maybe they did). Butler isn't a superb shooter but still better and more of a bonafide star.

Ibaka certainly improves the Magic immediately but it's stupid given he is out of contract after one season

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Not happy about missing out on yesterday. 10 hour day at work from 10am to 8pm means I missed out on all the fun of draft day. First draft day I have missed since 1995.

Only just finished reading this thread.

Good draft by Denver after picking up the hugely over rated Murray. A couple of weeks ago on Liberty Ballers I said I'd be happy with the Sixers pick if we walked away from the draft with Hernangomez and Beasley after picking Simmons first. Book it that Beasley has a better career and impacts sooner than Murray.

Like the Sixers picks. Really hope Korkmaz stays in Turkey for 2 more years.

valkorum

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Sacremento Kings
Collison
McLemore/ Richardson
Gay/Casspi/ Butler
Cousins/ Moreland/ Labissiere
Koufos/ Caulie-Stein/ Papigiannas/ Gudiatis

Question mark on Collison seeing as he could end up in jail
I thought Eric Morelands contract finishes at the end of 15/16 season (further research shows he is owed $1.1M for the 16/17 season)
Gudiatis is going to be playing for Reno this
You also forgot Mitrovic - The other power forward acquired in the 76'ers trade from last season.
Duje Dukan is also still on the books for 16/17 season.
Why do people keep listing Cousins at PF. He will play C as he defence on the perimeter isnt good enough to cover the stretch 4.

Surely we are looking to trade Koufos, Labissiere, Gudiatis, Mitrovic in search of some guards.
Hopefully we re-sign Seth Curry
Vlade is keen to re-sign Rondo
Bogdan Bogdanovic surely wont sign for next season as he will be on a rookie scaled contract then. He will sign for the 17/18 season where he will get more money.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely we are looking to trade Koufos, Labissiere, Gudiatis, Mitrovic in search of some guards.
Hopefully we re-sign Seth Curry
Vlade is keen to re-sign Rondo
Bogdan Bogdanovic surely wont sign for next season as he will be on a rookie scaled contract then. He will sign for the 17/18 season where he will get more money.

With all the cap space teams have i'm sure you could move Koufos reasonably easy if you wanted to. He's on a decent contract in the new cap world ~$8mill per year for two more years. Might not get much back for him, but if wanted to open playing time for people.

Back