Rising Star Nominees : Weitering & Curnow
First Win: Rd 1 against * Richmond
Best Win: As above
Breakout Year: Plowman , Phillps
2016's Hero: Kreuzer
2016's Villain: Jones
Membership Total: 55k

I read it but I don't believe it.

If all goes well, the players introduced plus the players who will hopefully be injury free, we have added a number of players who can contribute consistently as of next year.

Wright, Kerridge, Sumner, Lamb, Philips, Plowman, Gorringe, as well as Whiley and Boekhorst who were picked up last year and are at the age where they should be ready to contribute consistently.

If all of these players reach their potential under Bolton next year, I think we will be highly competitive

Ladder Position: 16th
Best and Fairest: Mark Murphy
Rising Star Nominees: Weithering and C Curnow
First Win: Gold coast rd 3
Best Win: Ess rd 6
Breakout Year: Nick Graham
2016's Hero: Gibbs
2016's Villain: L Jones
Membership Total: 45,0000

Ladder Position: 1st.
Best and Fairest: Liam Jones and Jason Tutt.
Rising Star Nominees: Glass McCuster.
First Win: Round 1.
Best Win: Grand Final.
Breakout Year: Jaksch.
2016 Hero: Mark Lo Go.
2016 Villian: Chris Yarran.
Membership Total: 100K.

Face painter I could be holding onto the smallest piece of fuselage wreckage after my plane smashed into the ocean and have lost 3 of my 4 limbs with sharks circling....I would still believe I was a better than average chance of surviving!

TL, you certainly are going into the season optimistically, but I'm worried you will finish the season misty optically...

I usually feel positive about all things carlton but after reading on the afl website membership information and tallys on all clubs. I now feel despondent and now predict carltons membership will stagnate once again at around 45-50 k which for us is simply not good enough . We currently are barely ahead of low supported clubs in North melbourne stkilda melbourne and the WB .
And half the tally of Richmond and collingwood . I predict we will improve our performances next year but in competitiveness not necessarily wins . I feel that all carlton supporters should be ashamed of our membership numbers especially given the current excitement around the club and promising recent additions to the list .

Last edited:
Ladder Position: 16th
Best and Fairest: Mark Murphy
Rising Star Nominees: Weithering and C Curnow
First Win: Gold coast rd 3
Best Win: Ess rd 6
Breakout Year: Nick Graham
2016's Hero: Gibbs
2016's Villain: L Jones
Membership Total: 45,0000
I'm tipping Weithering will reach new Heights next year.

Ladder Position: 15th
Best and Fairest: Cripps
Rising Star Nominees: Weitering, Curnow
First Win: Round 3 V GCS
Best Win: R 22 V Essendon
Breakout Year: Kerridge, Graham, Plowman, Phillips, Byrne, Sheehan
2016's Hero: Kerridge
2016's Villain:
Membership Total: 53,000

I usually feel positive about all things carlton but after reading on the afl website membership information and tallys on all clubs. I now feel despondent and now predict carltons membership will stagnate once again at around 45-50 k which for us is simply not good enough . We currently are barely ahead of low supported clubs in North melbourne stkilda melbourne and the WB .
And half the tally of Richmond and collingwood . I predict we will improve our performances next year but in competitiveness not necessarily wins . I feel that all carlton supporters should be ashamed of our membership numbers especially given the current excitement around the club and promising recent additions to the list .
What makes you down on it? We are signing up in excellent numbers. If it continues, we will be pushing our highest membership numbers ever

If you look at a club like richmond who have basically had no success over the last 35 years totally obliterate us in member numbers I feel it is worrying when you look at it individually . We have had a horror last decade or so other than 3 or 4 years in performance but for me it shows a lack of loyalty and passion in general from carlton supporters. And to be pretty much at this stage level with melbourne the bulldogs and north is deplorable .We may have record numbers this year but we have well and truly been left behind by many clubs who have up to 20 thousand and more members than us .
50000 members for a club such as carlton is a minimum 10k down on what we should have and believe the losses we have made financially over the last couple of years are mainly due to a shortfall in membership .
I realize that once success comes the member numbers will rise but for me it feels disappointing we are and have lagged behind many other clubs . I will mention richmond again I feel it is quite amazing they have such a high membership with little or no success in decades . It has to be more than just a lack of success of recent times that sees our member numbers down on other clubs . Maybe Stephen Trigg is onto something we need to connect more with the masses of carlton supporters out there that aren't members .

Blaine Boekhorst will finish top 10 in our b&f next year, will improve significantly!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder Position: 18th
Best and Fairest: Cripps/Gibbs tied
Rising Star Nominees: Cunningham
First Win: a pre season game against bulldogs
Best Win: same as above
Breakout Year: Smith
2016's Hero: Casboult
2016's Villain: Walker
Membership Total: 52k

Best and Fairest: Marc Murphy
Rising Star Nominees: Jacob Weitering, Charlie Curnow, Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
First Win: Round 3, Gold Coast Vs Carlton
Best Win: May 29 - Carlton Vs Geelong
Breakout Year: Blaine Boekhorst
2016's Hero: Patrick Cripps, Brendon Bolton
2016's Villain: Bryce Gibbs
Membership Total: 47,632

Ladder Position: 18th (but a classy 18th)
Best and Fairest: Docherty
Rising Star Nominees: Weitering, Smith
First Win: Vs Essendon Rd 6
Best Win: Vs Hawthorn Rd 19 (upset win while they rest players towards the end of the season)
Breakout Year: Ciaran Byrne (plays 20 games as nominated rookie)
2016's Hero: Levi Casboult (50+ goals)
2016's Villain: Chris Yarran (has a stellar year for Richmond and is AA)
Membership Total: 46,986

Ladder Position: 1st (undefeated)
Best and Fairest: Tie - Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Cripps, Buckley, Docherty, Casboult
Rising Star Nominees: Weitering, Smith, SOS, DVR, JGM, Curnow, McKay, Cuningham, Byrne
First Win: Vs Bitchmond Rd 1
Best Win: Vs Hawthorn Rd 19
Breakout Year: Entire squad
2016's Hero: Levi Casboult (100+ goals)
2016's Villain: Luke Hodge (will blatantly attempt to snap Gibbs neck in Rd 19 by a spear tackle, will go unsuspended)
Membership Total: 92,144

Is Byrne eligible for the rising star?

Edit - nope, misses out by 27 days. Would have been a good chance at longish odds

Last edited:
Ladder Position: 17th (5-17)
Best and Fairest: Gibbs
Rising Star Nominees: Weitering, C. Curnow, Cuningham
First Win: Rd 3 against the Gold Coast
Best Win: Rd 15 thriller versus Collingwood
Breakout Year: Byrne, Viojo-Rainbow
2016's Hero: Thomas
2016's Villain: Yarran, after kicking three majors against the Blues in rd 1
Membership Total: 47,696

Ladder Position: 14th
Best and Fairest: Patrick Cripps
Rising Star Nominees: Clem Smith, Weitering, Graham?
First Win: Richmond Rnd 1
Best Win: " "
Breakout Year:
Byrne, Sheehan
2016's Hero: Cripps
2016's Villain: Jones
Membership Total: 51,534

Last edited:
Best and Fairest: rowe
Rising Star Nominees: Curnow,
First Win: against the lions
Best Win: v the*******
Breakout Year: levi,foster

2016's Hero: Cripps,rowe
2016's Villain: Jaksch,whiley
Membership Total: 44,890

Best and Fairest: Ed Curnow
Rising Star Nominees: David Cunningham
First Win: Round 19 vs Hawks
Best Win: vs Hawthorn finally after 15 years
Breakout Year: Kreuzer
2016's Hero: Phillips & Kerridge
2016's Villain: Malthouse
Membership No: 30,500

Highest Brownlow vote-getter: Patrick Cripps
Mark of the Year: Jacksch
Goal of the Year: Charlie Curnow

Ladder Position: 15th - 16th
Best and Fairest: Cripps
Rising Star Nominees: dont care its a pointless award
First Win: Round 1 hopefully
Best Win: vs. Hawthorn in Tasmania (first win over the hawks in years, plus first carlton game i ever get to go to)
Breakout Year: the whole club
2016's Hero: Bolton
2016's Villain: no one, cause the whole team will do well
Membership Total: dont care

Remove this Banner Ad

Back