The 2017 Ridiculous Trade Thread - Now with extra Nuff!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you are posting them...
He's posting ridiculous trades in a ridiculous trade thread ... not sure why the angst.

I'm loving the work IanW is doing personally, all the fun bits of the Trade Hypothetical's thread without abuse and name calling bits.

The last ~ten pages of the hypothetical trade thread on the Hawthorn board is worth a read.

I'll do some of the legwork as I started this thread...

I hear what your saying but did also state that with that Fourth Round Selection we could have a crack at James Stewart from GWS which would help offset the loss in talls to a degree...

The Richmond Board is also low hanging fruit...

"If cats want lids do a 3 way trade with them and the suns we get prestia cats get delidio and suns get players motlop/lang/kersten and we keep pick 6"

And for an example of over rating Cloke while refusing to use vaseline on the Dogs...

‘Pies
Out: Cloke, 2017 2nd
In: 24, 40, 58

‘Dogs
Out: Jong, Hrovat, 2017 2nd
In: Cloke, 27

Suns
Out: 24, 27, 40, 58
In: Jong, Hrovat, 2017 2nd x 2

And for an example of over rating Cloke while refusing to use vaseline on the Dogs...

‘Pies
Out: Cloke, 2017 2nd
In: 24, 40, 58

‘Dogs
Out: Jong, Hrovat, 2017 2nd
In: Cloke, 27

Suns
Out: 24, 27, 40, 58
In: Jong, Hrovat, 2017 2nd x 2
To be fair Collingwood are essentially trading Cloke for pick 40 and pick 58 there. Every chance their 2017 second rounder will be lower than pick 24.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Hawthorn are getting Tom Mitchell and JOM for a couple of late first rounders :/

JOM will go to whoever will meet his personal terms. And apparently he's failed a couple of medicals already.

It really wouldnt surprise me seeing him at the Hawks for a late first rounder, as they have shown willingness to roll the dice on risky player ie Dayle Garlett. This is especially true if any team is dumb enough to take a pretty good player out of a very good side (hi Norf ! Hows Jed working out ?).

Ah yeah - 2 B Grade players for 2 first rounders, a 2nd rounder, 3 recent first round draft picks and a reasonable fringe player. If I was GWS, I'd be asking where do I sign!

Both of the players are A graders, smith is the best winger in the game or right up there

Both of the players are A graders, smith is the best winger in the game or right up there

Put him into a side like Brisbane, have him do exactly the same things and he'd be just another lazy over-rated spud who doesnt get hold of the ball enough to justify his salary.

Hawtron are effective because of their system, not their fundamentally interchangeable players.

TLDR : Hire Hawthorn coaches, not Hawthorn players

Put him into a side like Brisbane, have him do exactly the same things and he'd be just another lazy over-rated spud who doesnt get hold of the ball enough to justify his salary.

Hawtron are effective because of their system, not their fundamentally interchangeable players.

Smith works his ass off and he's a beautiful kicker and goalscorer on the run
No winger is as good in a s**t team but Smith is class

I'm inclined to agree. All props to Clarkson for getting the absolute best out of his players, but individually, Hawks players (bar a few) are playing beyond what they could somewhere else.

Jed Anderson a great example, Hawks made out like bandits in that trade

I'm inclined to agree. All props to Clarkson for getting the absolute best out of his players, but individually, Hawks players (bar a few) are playing beyond what they could somewhere else.

Jed Anderson a great example, Hawks made out like bandits in that trade

How is Anderson a great example? Don't think he was in any of the premiership teams and then he missed 3/4s of his first north season with a hammy

How is Anderson a great example? Don't think he was in any of the premiership teams and then he missed 3/4s of his first north season with a hammy
and when he did play he looked the average player he is. I'll watch next year with interest, but wasn't worth what North paid.

and when he did play he looked the average player he is. I'll watch next year with interest, but wasn't worth what North paid.

Suckling is looking good as a dogs pick up .. it's not like Hawks have had other players go to clubs and look crap? Young went to Collingwood but he was already cooked .. everyone else has stayed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back