The 2017 Ridiculous Trade Thread - Now with extra Nuff!

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
New candidate....

Witts for Jeremy Cameron + lachie Whitfield ?

Giants get a player who's possibly an afl standard ruck and Giants get rid of two pea hearts?
Pies get better balance albeit from players that go missing when their team needs them the most

New candidate....

Witts for Jeremy Cameron + lachie Whitfield ?

Giants get a player who's possibly an afl standard ruck and Giants get rid of two pea hearts?
Pies get better balance albeit from players that go missing when their team needs them the most
Nah that one is taking the piss

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
And the Trade Hypothetical's thread over at the Drafts and Trading Board delivers again ...

Here's how I see things possibly playing out for Fremantle.

We trade Haydn Ballantyne and draft pick 39 to the West Coast Eagles. In return we get the Eagles picks 30 and 48.

We trade pick 48 for Cam McCarthy.

The second round compensation pick we will receive for Mayne I think will be ontraded to Hawthorn for Brad Hill.

Depending on the Nat Fyfe situation this could be interesting. There has been rumours that Gold Coast are interested and with them having so many picks inside the top 30 now may be the best time to do a deal. Whilst it would be with a heavy heart that he leaves I would rather it be now than possibly in 12 months. With Michael Barlow's future uncertain and the Suns need for bigger bodied midfielders we could trade them Fyfe and Barlow and in return they would give us picks 4, 8, 24.

Heard that GWS maybe interested in Michael Walters. We could trade Walters to the Giants and pick 30 and in return receive Rory Lobb and Adam Tomlinson.

Pick three could be used to get Jesse Hogan from Melbourne and maybe a second round pick for the following year.

All in all if it did happen that way Freo would have lost Ballantyne, Fyfe, Barlow and Walters and gained Cam McCarthy, Brad Hill, Rory Lobb, Adam Tomlinson and Jesse Hogan. They would also head into this draft with draft picks 4, 8, 24. Get those players into the club as well as having three draft picks inside the first 24 and I think it would be good for the future of the club.

Before people jump up and down about loosing Fyfe, Walters etc.... they have given great service to the football club and yes it would be with a heavy heart that all leave. However if it sees Fremantle playing finals sooner rather than later and give us our best chance to rise back up the ladder and compete at the pointy end once again then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Eagles fans didn't want to loose Chris Judd but they seem to be pretty happy with who they got in return which was Josh Kennedy.

Because I needed to do it to make sense of this blokes ramblings ...

Freo
In: McCarthy, Hill, Lobb, Tomlinson, Hogan, #4, #8, #24
Out: Ballantyne, Fyfe, Walters, Barlow, #3, 2017 2nd Round

WCE
In: Ballantyne
Out: #30, #48

GC
In: Fyfe, Barlow
Out: #4, #8, #24

GWS
In: Walters, #30
Out: Lobb, Tomlinson

Melbourne
In: #3, 2017 2nd Round
Out: Hogan

The bit that I find most amusing, aside from the obvious, is that Freo would be bringing in Picks, 4 Key Pos players, and a downHill skiing winger, leaving them with Lachie Neale, kids, and senior citizens in the midfield ... good luck with that.

And the Trade Hypothetical's thread over at the Drafts and Trading Board delivers again ...

Because I needed to do it to make sense of this blokes ramblings ...

Freo
In: McCarthy, Hill, Lobb, Tomlinson, Hogan, #4, #8, #24
Out: Ballantyne, Fyfe, Walters, Barlow, #3, 2017 2nd Round

WCE
In: Ballantyne
Out: #30, #48

GC
In: Fyfe, Barlow
Out: #4, #8, #24

GWS
In: Walters, #30
Out: Lobb, Tomlinson

Melbourne
In: #3, 2017 2nd Round
Out: Hogan

The bit that I find most amusing, aside from the obvious, is that Freo would be bringing in Picks, 4 Key Pos players, and a downHill skiing winger, leaving them with Lachie Neale, kids, and senior citizens in the midfield ... good luck with that.
That's horrific!

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
From the tiggers board....

Bellis & Lennon for Prestia and a late 2nd rounder or early 3rd

A classic bundle spuds together to get something half decent.
They are all so committed to not giving up Pick 6 for Prestia that it's leading to so many hilarious, inconceivably one sided trades. It's really quite entertaining.

On the Norf board there's been talk of pick 11 and Black foe Fyfe. They'd jump at that because it's better than the compo they'll get if he leaves as a free agent next year. :drunk:

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
On the Norf board there's been talk of pick 11 and Black foe Fyfe. They'd jump at that because it's better than the compo they'll get if he leaves as a free agent next year. :drunk:
Hahahahha yeah i saw that one too! All nonsense anyway, they won't trade for Fyfe until he's at least 33.

Feb 25, 2016
KFC
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hawks reckon they will get picks 15 and 16 for hill and litherland
Plus quite a few of them seem keen on Grimes so maybe another Fitzpatrick like trade. Would mind a pick around the 90-100 mark :drunk:

Feb 25, 2016
KFC
AFL Club
Melbourne
And another great Hawks post :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hill is worth a top 5 pick and early second or a player.

Yes I'm being serious. No injury concerns, no hammy problems, nothing, has proven durability V a weak draft (depending on who says what) and about to enter his prime and can still improve every single aspect of his game.

Yet some on here just want to give him away

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Hawks reckon they will get picks 15 and 16 for hill and litherland
Plus quite a few of them seem keen on Grimes so maybe another Fitzpatrick like trade. Would mind a pick around the 90-100 mark :drunk:
Hahaha, thats absolutely brilliant ... and hilarious on two levels ...

1) A downhill skiing, inconsistent midfielder, and an undersized, only just ok defender would be lucky to be worth a first rounder together, let alone one each.
and 2) GWS - who have picks 15 and 16, have literally no use for either of them. They've already got better options than both

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
And another great Hawks post :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hill is worth a top 5 pick and early second or a player.

Yes I'm being serious. No injury concerns, no hammy problems, nothing, has proven durability V a weak draft (depending on who says what) and about to enter his prime and can still improve every single aspect of his game.

Yet some on here just want to give him away

I hate Brad Hill.... a weak player who hasn't flourished even though his mistakes and weaknesses are protected and covered by far better players around him.

Will wither and die in anything less than a gun side.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I hate Brad Hill.... a weak player who hasn't flourished even though his mistakes and weaknesses are protected and covered by far better players around him.

Will wither and die in anything less than a gun side.
I agree, that's why i hope he goes to Freo ... just to bury them in the mire even deeper.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree, that's why i hope he goes to Freo ... just to bury them in the mire even deeper.

I'd give a thirs for him maximum. He's proof that you can be an exceptionally average player and have 3 premiership medallions.

Back