Mega Thread The 2017 'Buckley's Chances' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my mind about Cloke, spoke well of Eddie & Bucks, then he said I feel for the Pies I'll always love them, when I finished with the Bulldogs I'll be a Pie for ever. I really want them to turn this around and be the power house they are ( something like that ) class act !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed my mind about Cloke, spoke well of Eddie & Bucks, then he said I feel for the Pies I'll always love them, when I finished with the Bulldogs I'll be a Pie for ever. I really want them to turn this around and be the power house they are ( something like that ) class act !

Class act.

Listening to Robbo is the equivalent of having a labotomy

He's OK.

Carey on the other hand is the equivalent of Robert Walls. Where Walls would put everyone in the ruck Carey's go to option is Centre Half Back.

In fact this board is ridiculous. WTF are you all wanting to end Blair's career for? Give him a run at CHB and he will be fine.

See, I think it's fine to refer to Buckley's coaching and the problems that the team is having, but we should be respectful. Even if he goes, which he more than likely will, he should be afforded the acknowledgement that he had the club's best interest at heart. We shouldn't lose perspective (or our manners).

I've cooled down since the Anzac Day game. It is what it is. We're playing s**t. Choosing to vilify a club legend is wrong.

Let him see out the season, and just like Tony Shaw, let him go with dignity.

BTW - how do people feel about Burns? I know he's an ex player but he was rated highly in Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a consequence of being able to get so many inside 50's because of our press the f50 becomes cluttered with the opposition and while having 20 odd more inside 50's sounds great on paper and should equate to a comfortable win a lot of the them tend to be rubbish.

We had 20 odd more i50's than Essendon yet only 2 more scoring shots.

So basically 1 in 10 were successful.

At the end of the day until a new coach arrives none of us will know for certain whether the Buckley method is the correct call due to a lack of skill or our lack of supposed skill was because of the Buckley method.

All I know is that if we miss finals again I don't want to wait another year to trial a different approach with a different coach.

As a consequence of being able to get so many inside 50's because of our press the f50 becomes cluttered with the opposition and while having 20 odd more inside 50's sounds great on paper and should equate to a comfortable win a lot of the them tend to be rubbish.

We had 20 odd more i50's than Essendon yet only 2 more scoring shots.

So basically 1 in 10 were successful.

At the end of the day until a new coach arrives none of us will know for certain whether the Buckley method is the correct call due to a lack of skill or our lack of supposed skill was because of the Buckley method.

All I know is that if we miss finals again I don't want to wait another year to trial a different approach with a different coach.

I think your math is interesting but I prefer to look at the whole game. We had 66 inside 50s for 11 goals, or 1 goal every 6 inside 50's. Essendon had 43 i50's for 15 goals or 1 goal every 2.87 entries.
They were more than twice as efficient.

See, I think it's fine to refer to Buckley's coaching and the problems that the team is having, but we should be respectful. Even if he goes, which he more than likely will, he should be afforded the acknowledgement that he had the club's best interest at heart. We shouldn't lose perspective (or our manners).

I've cooled down since the Anzac Day game. It is what it is. We're playing s**t. Choosing to vilify a club legend is wrong.

BTW - how do people feel about Burns? I know he's an ex player but he was rated highly in Perth.

Burnsy has a pretty good reputation and wasn't far away from a couple of senior jobs.

But I can't see the club going from Bucks to the next club captain as the replacement coach. Maybe a short stint until Maxy is ready, then we win a flag, Pendles takes over and we slide downhill again?

But seriously, you'd think Burnsy would have to be head and shoulders above all other candidates to overcome the public perception issues with replacing a former skipper with the next skipper. And I don't think Burns is THAT good. If he was he probably would have landed a job by now.

How are fans vilifying a club legend?

The fans don't owe Nathan Buckley anything.
We support the Collingwood Football Club not Nathan Buckley.
He's had 6yrs in the job.
Paid handsomely too despite under performance and a win loss ratio barely over 50%.
He had a playing career of 15 odd years. Again rewarded handsomely too. Adored and idolised by many.

Nobody is denying he tried his best and had the clubs best interests at heart but why should we roll out a red carpet heroes sending off when we are going to be left in quite a mess picking up the pieces of his mistakes?
This isn't a playing career.
He is being solely judged as Nathan Buckley- the coach, not the hero player he was.

Winning premierships is one thing. It's so difficult to achieve so he won't be measured on that.

However, how you leave a place in regards to how it was when you arrived forms part of your legacy and stamp during that time you had at the club.
It's fair to say he is leaving us in a worse off position than when we were when he arrived and took over.
That leaves a sour and bitter taste in anyone's mouth, it simply cannot be justified.

IMO, if he wants to save face he should just walk himself.

How are fans vilifying a club legend?
Paid handsomely too despite under performance and a win loss ratio barely over 50%.
It's fair to say he is leaving us in a worse off position than when we were when he arrived and took over..
How do you know how much he is getting paid?
The bold is pure rubbish, it took him two years to get the bad taste out of the club so he really has only coached for 4 and if he leaves, will leave the club with players much better than he was handed.

How do you know how much he is getting paid?
The bold is pure rubbish, it took him two years to get the bad taste out of the club so he really has only coached for 4 and if he leaves, will leave the club with players much better than he was handed.

I don't know how much. I said he is getting paid handsomely which is pretty obvious as all senior coaches are, he'd be on north of $500k-600k per season easily at a guess.

Much better place you say?
The bad taste?
Is this the same bad taste that lasted a decade plus at our club and delivered finals and ultimately a premiership? Some of whom went on to become some of our club champions?

Yep we had culture issues.
Swanny fighting, Didak and Shaw lying, Tarrant and Johnson in fights, Wellingham drink driving etc.

You seem to have forgotten Buckley's tenure included JDG lying, Marley Williams fighting, Krefeld and Thomas guilty of drug cheating, Taylor Adams pub brawl, etc.

Just how much better is he leaving us?

From an on field perspective which is all I care about it's undeniable that he is leaving us worse off than when he arrived. This cannot be argued. It's factual.

As disappointed as you are you'll need to relinquish this love affiliation you have of Buckley- because if his name wasn't Nathan Buckley all of our supporters would have buried him a long time ago.

I don't know how much. I said he is getting paid handsomely which is pretty obvious as all senior coaches are, he'd be on north of $500k-600k per season easily at a guess.

Much better place you say?
The bad taste?
Is this the same bad taste that lasted a decade plus at our club and delivered finals and ultimately a premiership? Some of whom went on to become some of our club champions?

Yep we had culture issues.
Swanny fighting, Didak and Shaw lying, Tarrant and Johnson in fights, Wellingham drink driving etc.

You seem to have forgotten Buckley's tenure included JDG lying, Marley Williams fighting, Krefeld and Thomas guilty of drug cheating, Taylor Adams pub brawl, etc.

Just how much better is he leaving us?

From an on field perspective which is all I care about it's undeniable that he is leaving us worse off than when he arrived. This cannot be argued. It's factual.

As disappointed as you are you'll need to relinquish this love affiliation you have of Buckley- because if his name wasn't Nathan Buckley all of our supporters would have buried him a long time ago.
How long did it take? A decade? Well given that measurement, Buckley still has 4 more years, so not sure why the angst.
It was not just the culture, sadly a number had their use by date come up. Including my fav Didak.
Where was the depth once they left?
Haven't forgotten anything, those that you have listed have been dealt with not swept under the carpet or a slap on the wrist and be told boys will be boys.
You seriously don't get it, there is no love for Buckley like you and others imply am purely marking him against the great guru that the majority on here still have a manlove for - MM.

Did Cloke say that? Good on him. Must have had his muzzle removed by his father/manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back