Mega Thread The 2017 'Buckley's Chances' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been an avid Buckley fan from the beginning. I have come to the realization that he is effectively Tony Shaw mkII. He should step down now and save face. If not, the board should make that call for him when they meet end of this month.
The difference with Shaw being Shaw had nothing to work with. I see him more as Tim Watson mkII- brilliant player, inept coach.

An Anzac day loss would put out of finals chance. If we can just string a few wins together we can get back in the hunt. I think we will beat the dons. Geelong is a massive ask but seem to turn up against them.

We actually play well against the Cats under Bucks

I have been an avid Buckley fan from the beginning. I have come to the realization that he is effectively Tony Shaw mkII. He should step down now and save face. If not, the board should make that call for him when they meet end of this month.

Yep favourite son or not, we need to be much more ruthless. The club needs to work out what's the more expensive option, a slightly earlier payout or dwindling gate takings as our season progresses. Adelaide sacked Sanderson after only three years and he had taken them to the prelim in his first year. Look where Adelaide are now after saying no to mediocrity. This could be our 4th consecutive year of missing out on the finals. As a club, they should be demonstrating to its members that they won't stand for this.

People may blame the likes of Davoren, Hine, Pert, Rivers, even Eddie. But one name stands out as the source of our sickness, the deep rooted source of our malaise.

Smally the pony.

Yes, I hear you say, he has gone along with his "master" Clokey. But I keep telling people, you don't just make a pony go away.

Dear Bad Horse

Wish you were here,

Luv,

Sxo

:)

images

Last edited:
Yep favourite son or not, we need to be much more ruthless. The club needs to work out what's the more expensive option, a slightly earlier payout or dwindling gate takings as our season progresses. Adelaide sacked Sanderson after only three years and he had taken them to the prelim in his first year. Look where Adelaide are now after saying no to mediocrity. This could be our 4th consecutive year of missing out on the finals. As a club, they should be demonstrating to its members that they won't stand for this.

I doubt any decision will be made until the end of the year. You're just going to have to accept that.

Just offloaded a gorilla on the Pies scoring more than 70 points.

Here's hoping Buckley's game plan will get me us over the magical 70+ points line.

Wish me luck.

Heavy rain forecast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heavy rain forecast.
Report on BOM site says rain overnight easing to showers early morning. Suggests most of the rain will come overnight and morning. Drainage at the G these days means its only wet weather footy while it's actually raining so game may not be greatly affected.

Report on BOM site says rain overnight easing to showers early morning. Suggests most of the rain will come overnight and morning. Drainage at the G these days means its only wet weather footy while it's actually raining so game may not be greatly affected.

Still might be slippery though which will assist Buckley's game plan.

Daniel Wells

Our skills surely just go up?

I doubt any decision will be made until the end of the year. You're just going to have to accept that.
Our forums will be in meltdown mode if we lose tomorrow, if we cop a hiding the pressure will be immense, lose the following week and Buckley will be sacked IMO, it will be announced that we aren't renewing his contract but he'll coach the year out, Tony Shaw mkII.

On the flip side, if we can eek out a win tomorrow and build a bit of confidence we should be able to get on a bit of a run, if we can at least even up the ledger by the bye we won't be in bad shape.

Our forums will be in meltdown mode if we lose tomorrow, if we cop a hiding the pressure will be immense, lose the following week and Buckley will be sacked IMO, it will be announced that we aren't renewing his contract but he'll coach the year out, Tony Shaw mkII.

On the flip side, if we can eek out a win tomorrow and build a bit of confidence we should be able to get on a bit of a run, if we can at least even up the ledger by the bye we won't be in bad shape.
That's pretty much the sizeof it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back