List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor ole Tich - Hawks are going nowhere fast.
He's welcome to come back for our first rounder imo. Any given year he wants to (probably the year after Horse gets put out to pasture - or the knackery.)
The most successful club since the AFL's creation missed the finals for one year, is there any way they will ever be able to recover and challenge again??

Wonder if we have fielded any offers for anyone on the list..im thinking we will try do some rejigging of picks to get a higher net gain like last year

I can well imagine that plenty of clubs have mentioned Aliir Aliir. I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been any whispers floating around about him.

I certainly wasn't expecting Sam Murray to be the first rumoured trade

I can well imagine that plenty of clubs have mentioned Aliir Aliir. I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been any whispers floating around about him.

I certainly wasn't expecting Sam Murray to be the first rumoured trade
Strong username to thread ratio.

glory be essendon hate those pricks winning the trade

Not sure how they are winning. Already have given up a first rounder for Smith who is hardly proven as a midfielder, and Essenodon have a number of small forward/mids. What happens if he never makes it as a midfielder...all they have done is added another player that they already had on their list. Stringer will be a good get but at what price? You'd think their 2018 first round selection will have to be involved somewhere. That's not even considering Saad.

So whilst they get these 3, where have they improved their number 1 weakness and that is genuine inside ball winners. It was a worry that they had to go to Craig Bird a bit last year, that shows how little depth they have in that area.

Maybe you have a different definition of rubbish but I didn't see any game he was bottom 5. not every game gets to youtube of course but around mid year in defense he had some great games and later on as a ruck and a forward he still competed well and always contributed.

regardless i think looking at reserves form in isolation doesn't always give the full scope. some players just perform better in the higher grade and the more senior game time for Aliir the better at this point I reckon. I think some have unrealistic expectations after a great debut season.

AA had some decent games but had some utterly awful ones in the reserves as well. Was dreadful (not alone) in the GF.

Not sure how they are winning. Already have given up a first rounder for Smith who is hardly proven as a midfielder, and Essenodon have a number of small forward/mids. What happens if he never makes it as a midfielder...all they have done is added another player that they already had on their list. Stringer will be a good get but at what price? You'd think their 2018 first round selection will have to be involved somewhere. That's not even considering Saad.

So whilst they get these 3, where have they improved their number 1 weakness and that is genuine inside ball winners. It was a worry that they had to go to Craig Bird a bit last year, that shows how little depth they have in that area.
but he's a future brownlow winner. how do they have little depth??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but he's a future brownlow winner. how do they have little depth??

He meant at the inside mid I think. The don’t have that big bodied midfielder.

They traded in Smith purely as a midfielder which is a position he has not exclusively played in.

Watts will probably stay with the Demons

They are saying he won't nominate a club till next week. That tells me Punts is on the money when he says Wells from Geelong is hedging his bets and seeing what he can throw at Melbourne once the Motlop deal is done. There is no Guarantees but I think Watts and Connors have told Geelong that is his choice and although he is no certainty of getting there they are prepared to bide their time waiting for Geelong to stump up.

He meant at the inside mid I think. The don’t have that big bodied midfielder.

They traded in Smith purely as a midfielder which is a position he has not exclusively played in.
was a sarcastic post lol

OK... I was talking about his overall year - "Aliir was dreadful in the reserves" is just not the case.

I wouldn't have rated him more than a 6 maybe 7 out of 10 across the year. Wasn't awful but his errors were putrid, some were comical at times.

I wouldn't have rated him more than a 6 maybe 7 out of 10 across the year. Wasn't awful but his errors were putrid, some were comical at times.

OK...

so like i said, not "dreadful". a young player learning when and how to take on the game.

e: soz, it appears I picked up "dreadful" this morning - OP actually said "rubbish"

Last edited:
OK...

so like i said, not "dreadful". a young player learning when and how to take on the game.

e: soz, it appears I picked up "dreadful" this morning - OP actually said "rubbish"

Personally I'm just not convinced he's a defender. Actually liked a few of his games when he played a bit further up the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back