List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Swans, I see Jack has been delisted, will he pick up a gig elsewhere or is he done?

Was never good enough. Was drafted because he was the captain's brother.

You haven't seen the reserves then. Mauibum for a first year KPD had an outstanding season, lock down defender. He will get games next season probably as we look to rotate Grundy a bit to keep him fresh.
Not to say i dont think he is capable, but just guessing that next year is the year we do the obvious and start doing more squad rotation absolutely bewilders me. Like, there has never been a sign of horse doing that so why is it about to start just to blood maibum?

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Delighted that it looks johnson is here another year. Our kpd stocks are stacked. Grundy will play forever, johnson aliir and melican have all played at s really high level before and maibum looks promising. I hope we play taller and get rampe onto smaller blokes and not having to be as accountable for the oppo's best forward most weeks. I think that will really give us some drive and hutzlah coming from defense.

Delighted that it looks johnson is here another year. Our kpd stocks are stacked. Grundy will play forever, johnson aliir and melican have all played at s really high level before and maibum looks promising. I hope we play taller and get rampe onto smaller blokes and not having to be as accountable for the oppo's best forward most weeks. I think that will really give us some drive and hutzlah coming from defense.

Maybe. They could also just be giving him time to think.

Looking Nanks doing so well, did we keep the right ruckman! Similar to letting Biggs go when we needed running half backs

For about the four millionth time, Nankervis was reluctant to be drafted to Sydney in the first place and decided not to stay once his initial contract had finished. So there was no "did we keep the right ruckman" question to start with.

I just want us to get players that are accurate kicks especially under duress.

We have three good marking targets in Reid, Rohan and a healthy Tippett if that's where we leave him and you just need to ball in Buddy's general direction for him to do magic. We should be kicking 100 points a game easily.

I just want us to get players that are accurate kicks especially under duress.

We have three good marking targets in Reid, Rohan and a healthy Tippett if that's where we leave him and you just need to ball in Buddy's general direction for him to do magic. We should be kicking 100 points a game easily.

Only if the team switches to an open zonal style, instead of contested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tuesday 3 October – Friday 6 October – AFL Draft Combine
Friday 6 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period Commences
Monday 9 October 9am - NAB AFL Trade Period Commences
Sunday 15 October 5pm - Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Wednesday 18 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer Three-Day Period Ends
Thursday 19 October 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period Closes
Friday 20 October 5pm - Application to Relist a Player Close
Tuesday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement 1
Wednesday 1 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences
Wednesday 8 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes
Thursday 9 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2); TPP Pre-Season Estimates (2)
Friday 10 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences
Friday 17 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes
Friday 24 November - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting – Sydney including Father/Son & Academy Players Bidding.
Saturday 25 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) Commences
Sunday 26 November 2pm - AFL Delisted Free Agency Period (3) Concludes
Monday 27 November - AFL Club List Lodgement (3)
Monday 27 November 5pm - NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft Selection Meeting
Monday 27 November 5.05pm - Notification of Pre-Selected Rookies if not selected in the Pre-Season Draft.
Monday 27 November 5.10pm - NAB AFL Rookie Draft Selection Meeting
Wednesday 29 November 2pm - Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
Looking Nanks doing so well, did we keep the right ruckman! Similar to letting Biggs go when we needed running half backs
I don't think Nank has outperformed any of our rucks this season. His performance has been the same as any of our rucks when we let them play >90% of the game - even Towers has been equal to Nank

Nanks has had a far better year than all three of our rucks. The worry was that he was always slightly undersized and his tank needed further development. However, I reckon we might have kept him but Richmond were able to offer more than the rookie dollars we had left in the pot. With what we are paying Tippett and Sinclair, it certainly looks like the ruck department will have no more dollars thrown its way to solve the mess it is in. We need Tippett to be traded or become a healthy first ruck. Sinclair needs to be a forward who does a bit of ruck work. Don't have a lot of confidence that either will happen. The horrible irony is that if Naismith or Cameron develop well, do we have the coin to keep them when other Clubs come knocking?

For about the four millionth time, Nankervis was reluctant to be drafted to Sydney in the first place and decided not to stay once his initial contract had finished. So there was no "did we keep the right ruckman" question to start with.

i am genuinely curious how you know he was reluctant to come to sydney?

i thought he came from tas...

that was the best game i have seen him play last night. in hindsight, we should have traded tippet instead.

i thought he came from tas...

that was the best game i have seen him play last night. in hindsight, we should have traded tippet instead.
Yeah he's a Tassie boy. Maybe he wanted to save half an hour flight time back home.

Apparently any player that leaves the Swans is crap, greedy, or never wanted to come here in the first place

Nank spends more time on ground than any of our rucks. Also all of them have had a season interrupted by injury. Nank's had a very good season - I'm not saying he hasn't. I just don't believe he's any better than any of our rucks
I agree with this, Richmond don't go in with two rucks like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back