List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are not the destination club we once were imo

Melbourne boy will head home
Our salary cap space is now all used up. I think people forget that Tippett and Franklin came here on high value, long term contracts. Franklin didn't come here to win premierships, or he would have stayed where he was

We are not the destination club we once were imo

Melbourne boy will head home

I don't think we were ever a destination club, and I don't think such a thing exists. There's just undesirable clubs with notable s**t cultures and poor on-field performance. Everyone else is on a level playing field. We recruited two players (one a star, the other not) on big bucks, and our other recruits were mostly blokes who were looking for second chances and would take whatever club was willing to give it to them. I can't really recall a good player wanting out at their club and openly choosing to be a Swan for any reason other than money.

But the fact we have secured some Victorians long-term to play for us show that we at least have a good culture and a quality environment for our players so that's all I need to be content really. We have the most quality list in the competition IMO so we couldn't afford to be in the business of being a "destination club" anyway.

I don't think we were ever a destination club, and I don't think such a thing exists. There's just undesirable clubs with notable s**t cultures and poor on-field performance. Everyone else is on a level playing field. We recruited two players (one a star, the other not) on big bucks, and our other recruits were mostly blokes who were looking for second chances and would take whatever club was willing to give it to them. I can't really recall a good player wanting out at their club and openly choosing to be a Swan for any reason other than money.

But the fact we have secured some Victorians long-term to play for us show that we at least have a good culture and a quality environment for our players so that's all I need to be content really. We have the most quality list in the competition IMO so we couldn't afford to be in the business of being a "destination club" anyway.

Buddy didn't come for the money, he moved to Sydney to be with Jacinta and choose us over GWS.

Buddy didn't come for the money, he moved to Sydney to be with Jacinta and choose us over GWS.

Yeah but no doubt the $10 million contract helped. At the time it was hardly a bold decision to opt to join us instead of GWS lol

Yeah but no doubt the $10 million contract helped. At the time it was hardly a bold decision to opt to join us instead of GWS lol
Yer I know, I just love it every time I think back on how the whole Buddy thing got up the noses of everyone at AFL house, and that even their petty little forms of revenge haven't had any long term detrimental effects on our glorious club :D

Yer I know, I just love it every time I think back on how the whole Buddy thing got up the noses of everyone at AFL house, and that even their petty little forms of revenge haven't had any long term detrimental effects on our glorious club :D

Apart from that atrocious 2016 gf umpiring you mean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would have been premiers that day had it been an even playing field.

Just the one with the taking of Hanner's legs when he went off wouldn't have happened if the umpires paid the other two or three earlier in the match & there's the game right there.

This one's for you Bedders.

"WRONG THREAD".

Just the one with the taking of Hanner's legs when he went off wouldn't have happened if the umpires paid the other two or three earlier in the match & there's the game right there.

This one's for you Bedders.

"WRONG THREAD".
Irrelevant thread now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back