List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we hadn't gone and recruited Franklin as well I think it would have been manageable.

Which is why I think if Franklin had come first we wouldn't have even been interested in Tippett.

He was meant to be the final piece to secure a long dynasty. The big bodied goal square forward to combine with Reid's athleticism and old-man Goodes.

If we hadn't gone and recruited Franklin as well I think it would have been manageable.

Which is why I think if Franklin had come first we wouldn't have even been interested in Tippett.

He was meant to be the final piece to secure a long dynasty. The big bodied goal square forward to combine with Reid's athleticism and old-man Goodes.
Well they should have moved him when budd got here. would have got a 1st rounder for him

9 premiership players left.
only other player who was on the list in 2012 - Rohan.

only 5 brought in outside the draft since then
Sinclair
Laidler
Talia
Buddy
Tippett

and we might still have cap issues, lose a Jones or Reid

GWS just flogged us and they have the same salary cap we do. We are clearly paying some people far too much, so we should be able to clear out a lot of salary cap space from some of these players, and pursue better ones as free agents.
Adelaide flogged GWS and they have less (or is it equal now?) salary cap then GWS do. They are clearly paying some people far too much, so they should be able to clear out a lot of salary cap space from some of those players, and pursue better ones as free agents.

Last edited:
GWS just flogged us and they have the same salary cap we do. We are clearly paying some people far too much, so we should be able to clear out a lot of salary cap space from some of these players, and pursue better ones as free agents.
GWS got MASSIVE draft concessions and made the best of it. They packed their team with kids so they could afford to lose a number 1 draft pick in his first season and not miss a beat. Not to mention they got to draft kids before they even reached the draft (Cameron, Treloar, Shiel).

No point comparing our list structure to GWS. If we were gifted as much as they were I think we'd be doing alright.

With the players we have lost due to our cap we can only hope that Reid and jones sign otherwise our list be be shot
we can no doubt get rid of tippett, but we have to take what we can get. If cloke can get a game with the reigning premiers,tippett sure as hell can.

Reckon north, gc, lions, freo would all take him

we can no doubt get rid of tippett, but we have to take what we can get. If cloke can get a game with the reigning premiers,tippett sure as hell can.

Reckon north, gc, lions, freo would all take him
He is contracted in 18

Another club will not take on his contract and give up pick to get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back