Meet Up The 2017 Official Meet Up Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be at LOTI prior to the game for a few quiet ones if anyone is interested in a few beers.
No can do after the game as I have to drag myself out of the cot around 5am for work on Friday.

Just thought I would put a feeler out in here: Any other Cats fans up in Canberra, at Manuka Oval Canberra playing the Gold Coast reserves in the NEAFL on 24th June, I've been to a couple of our NEAFL matches and it's not a bad footy fix for Canberra, if anyone was interested we could go to the game and have a few frothies at the Kingston Hotel afterwards.

(If not allowed in this thread sorry mods)
Remind me closer to the time Mark. I could be keen.

Also Cataholic Daniel McL thejester Landgraft

The girlfriend and I are cruising down to Geelong tonight for the game. Her first time in Geelong, second time to the footy - I took her to ANZAC day this year - although she is from Peru so Geelong is a long way away.

Was thinking Little Creatures for a beer, then off to Ripper Roast (haha) for a feed. Although open to suggestions. Will probably drive down, so I can't get too boozed, although she can go nuts.

Thoughts?

The girlfriend and I are cruising down to Geelong tonight for the game. Her first time in Geelong, second time to the footy - I took her to ANZAC day this year - although she is from Peru so Geelong is a long way away.

Was thinking Little Creatures for a beer, then off to Ripper Roast (haha) for a feed. Although open to suggestions. Will probably drive down, so I can't get too boozed, although she can go nuts.

Thoughts?

Good luck trying to get a beer at Little Creatures on a footy night.
The last time that I was there the queues for a beer were like long footy queues.
I almost died of dehydration by the time I got a beer.

Thoughts?

And Ripper Roast will also be pretty crazy, that is if you can park nearby because those areas park out quickly when footy matches are on

Last edited:
Forty?? Wow.

No wonder the pubs are jumpin' and the car parks are full :D

Yep - by the time you add up all those AusKick matches :p

I hate autocorrect and being on the train, trying to correct stupid autocorrect and the internet drops out because we travel through a dead zone, 10 minutes from Melbourne

Good luck trying to get a beer at Little Creatures on a footy night.
The last time that I was there the queues for a beer were like long footy queues.
I almost died of dehydration by the time I got a beer.
Sounds like torture Rabs. Definitely stick to the LOTI for beers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf "kardinia park evacuated" just reported on ch9

Any automatic alarm went off earlier, like 4pm earlier. Looks like it didn't take long for things to be sorted and return to normal

Sounds like torture Rabs. Definitely stick to the LOTI for beers.

Coming next week big guy?
I am sure that when I walked past that German Bratwurst sausage stand, I swore I heard the snags calling out your name.

Smashed up white rabbit, few brews then went for the lamb souvi at the footy, should have smashed a brat! (also we forgot jam doughnuts at the end as we got lost in laughter watching the security guys try and keep all the big kids out of the Centre square. Lollzies)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Sorry rabbi I'm stuck in this thread https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/official-umps-cost-port-adelaide-thread.1166759/ and won't be leaving any time soon :p

Is that thread as good as the comments on Facebook?

My favourite was the person bitching about Bews and they said "I could get the job done on Hawkins if I was allowed to get away with what Jed Bews did."

I tried to explain to him that the opposition does get away with holding Hawkins every week and that it would be nice for him to get the same treatment as other forwards in the comp.

Only time I saw him he looked like a loner. Leaning up against a wall with his arms crossed on his own whilst the others were having a beer laughing.

Someone said in another thread he was talking Chapman's ear off..

Anyway, I'm just glad to hear he turned up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back