Training The 2017 Pre Season (thread closed - the 2017 H & A season is here!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Front-loaded contract ?
You would think that our fitness staff are smart enough to be aware of his injury history and age .. and adjust his program appropriately

Yeah could be front loaded.
You'd think so but people have lost so much faith in the club, we had another terrible year with injury this year and stuffed up Fasolo's and Broomhead's rehab. I understand why people are pessimistic about how things with Wells will turn out.

Hate to say it but i told yo so.recruiting 32 year olds with a history of calf injuries on 600k was ludicrous.
I've never understood this. If you hate to say "I told you so" why would you say it? Why would you say something that nobody wants to hear including yourself?

You'd think so but people have lost so much faith in the club, we had another terrible year with injury this year and stuffed up Fasolo's and Broomhead's rehab. I understand why people are pessimistic about how things with Wells will turn out.
What evidence do you have (other than 10 or so pathetically sad nuff nuffs on here) that "so many people have lost faith in the club"?
Or are you trapped inside the Collingwood Bubble?

The admin seemed to be talking up a reduction in injuries at the fan forum. Then again I might not be recalling that clearly ... being still dizzy from all the spin

What evidence do you have (other than 10 or so pathetically sad nuff nuffs on here) that "so many people have lost faith in the club"?
Or are you trapped inside the Collingwood Bubble?

What evidence? I've been reading this board for the past 6 months! In my view a majority of people on this board have expressed views of worry about the club.

The admin seemed to be talking up a reduction in injuries at the fan forum. Then again I might not be recalling that clearly ... being still dizzy from all the spin
Why is it treated as a fact when it is tweeted he has suffered an injury but treated as Spin when it is tweeted he hasn't suffered an injury?

Could you explain what you mean by that?
This board has a group that goes into a melt in relation to any insignificant issue concerning Collingwood.
They feed off each other until the insignificant issue becomes THE issue of the year
In other words they get trapped inside their own Collingwood Bubble

Of course outside the bubble, normal people see the issue for what it really is....nothing

Last edited:
What evidence? I've been reading this board for the past 6 months! In my view a majority of people on this board have expressed views of worry about the club.

Collingwood has in excess of 70,000 registered members and hundreds of thousands of supporters who aren't members yet a couple of dozen posters on a footy forum is such a compelling sample upon which you can surmise that people have lost so much faith... really!

Unless I'm mistaken that was related to the incidence of soft tissue injury. The vast majority of injury resulting in games missed during 2016 was in fact impact injury or significant structural injury such as ACLs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood has in excess of 70,000 registered members and hundreds of thousands of supporters who aren't members yet a couple of dozen posters on a footy forum is such a compelling sample upon which you can surmise that people have lost so much faith... really!

Go on the Collingwood facebook page or any other social media platform and you'll see the same. If you think people are happy with where the club is at you're delusional.

This board has a group that goes into a melt in relation to any insignificant issue concerning Collingwood.
They feed of each other until the insignificant issue becomes THE issue of the year
In other words they get trapped inside their own Collingwood Bubble

Of course outside the bubble, normal people see the issue for what it really is....nothing

I don't see myself as part of your "Collingwood bubble" and I'm not usually one to melt. I just call things the way I see them, I'm not influenced by the people you're referring to.

Unless I'm mistaken that was related to the incidence of soft tissue injury. The vast majority of injury resulting in games missed during 2016 was in fact impact injury or significant structural injury such as ACLs.
Yes. That IS what I meant ... that soft tissue injuries were actually down in 2016 ... which is great news.

Go on the Collingwood facebook page or any other social media platform and you'll see the same. If you think people are happy with where the club is at you're delusional.

Wow, social media says it's so. Did you ever stop to consider that people who are satisfied with what the club is doing and the direction it is taking don't bother to post on social media? And yet again, I question the sample size upon which you base these presumptions. Do these social media sights have hundreds of thousands of posters? I'd assume not. Come back with some factually based research or the only assumption that can be drawn is you're easily swayed by a noisy minority.

Wow, social media says it's so. Did you ever stop to consider that people who are satisfied with what the club is doing and the direction it is taking don't bother to post on social media? And yet again, I question the sample size upon which you base these presumptions. Do these social media sights have hundreds of thousands of posters? I'd assume not. Come back with some factually based research or the only assumption that can be drawn is you're easily swayed by a noisy minority.

Yes I have to survey every single member before I'm allowed to make an assumption. Your whole "you don't know the the thoughts of every single member so you can't make an assumption" thing is hilarious. I was going to type up an argument but then I realized who I was speaking to. As I've read your arguments with apex and other quality members I'm not going to waste my time.

Yes I have to survey every single member before I'm allowed to make an assumption. Your whole "you don't know the the thoughts of every single member so you can't make an assumption" thing is hilarious. I was going to type up an argument but then I realized who I was speaking to. As I've read your arguments with apex and other quality members I'm not going to waste my time.
So is it ok for one person to make sweeping generalisations on a topic, but not ok for another person to make sweeping generalisations to rebut the argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back