The 2017 Ridiculous Trade Thread - Now with extra Nuff!

Remove this Banner Ad

Could this be the Anti-Bruce? Think about it, Lewis here for a couple of years reminds me of Bruce going there for a couple of years. Easily would move to a coaching role after finishing up. At first i thought he's to old, but then i thought **** it, if we can it him for a fair deal, why not. He's a better experienced premiership player than Dawes (RIP) and Lumumba combined

I like Lewis but it'd be a terrible time to bring him in. He's 30 going on 31 and still a good player but on the decline. We'd have to give up a lot to get him and it really wouldn't be worth it given our stock of draft picks. I wouldn't give up one of our good young players for him; that's what it would take.

Could this be the Anti-Bruce? Think about it, Lewis here for a couple of years reminds me of Bruce going there for a couple of years. Easily would move to a coaching role after finishing up. At first i thought he's to old, but then i thought **** it, if we can it him for a fair deal, why not. He's a better experienced premiership player than Dawes (RIP) and Lumumba combined
If he ends up anything like Bruce did at Hawthorn I think it's safe to say we should steer clear of him.

Lewis is interesting. I think it very much depends on what we give up. Hibberd deal makes it hard too.

Personally, I like it for the right price. Replacing the up-in-the-air 22nd spot currently filled by Harmes/vdB/BenKen et al with Jordan Lewis is a monster upgrade. Having him showing the ropes to Clarry, Gus and Trac makes me moist. But he is 31 nearly.

I would give up our 3rd in a heartbeat. Depending on the other Hawthorn deals I'd also downgrade our 2nd assuming our 2017 pick is what we give up for Hibberd. Potentially a fringe player such as Nib would be an option as a straight swap. But there's an untouchable group who I would not let the Hawks near - Clarry, Weid, Gus, Trac, Stretch and Hunt.

EDIT: WRONG THREAD. LET'S GIVE THEM JACK GRIMES

I would give up our 3rd in a heartbeat. Depending on the other Hawthorn deals I'd also downgrade our 2nd assuming our 2017 pick is what we give up for Hibberd. Potentially a fringe player such as Nib would be an option as a straight swap. But there's an untouchable group who I would not let the Hawks near - Clarry, Weid, Gus, Trac, Stretch and Hunt.

Christ, good luck to the Hawthorn list manager who does that. I'd be changing my name and moving my family interstate. Would you give up Nate Jones for Kaiden Brand and a third round pick?

Lewis is interesting. I think it very much depends on what we give up. Hibberd deal makes it hard too.

Personally, I like it for the right price. Replacing the up-in-the-air 22nd spot currently filled by Harmes/vdB/BenKen et al with Jordan Lewis is a monster upgrade. Having him showing the ropes to Clarry, Gus and Trac makes me moist. But he is 31 nearly.

EDIT: WRONG THREAD. LET'S GIVE THEM JACK GRIMES

What up in the air spot? Your very own best 22 didn't even have any of those players you mentioned filling it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What up in the air spot? Your very own best 22 didn't even have any of those players you mentioned filling it.
The Salem spot right now.

This from some moron on the Hawthorn board:

"If the Dee's were keen on Lewis they would of offered something half decent to us to get a deal done. The problem now is we have a player we are stuck with who wanted out. I think Lewis will find a new home somewhere this trade period.

Maybe Fagan can convince him and his wife to come to Brisbane with him and skipper the club (earn big money) and fast track the rebuild that is required?

Hanley to the Suns with a pick
Lewis to Lions
Omeara to Hawks

Hartung and pick 23 to the Lions for Rockliff.

Out Hill Mitchell Hartung Lewis
In Omeara Mitchell Vickery Rockliff"

Sooo essentially Lewis for O'meara hahahaha f*** me!!!

This from some moron on the Hawthorn board:

"If the Dee's were keen on Lewis they would of offered something half decent to us to get a deal done. The problem now is we have a player we are stuck with who wanted out. I think Lewis will find a new home somewhere this trade period.

Maybe Fagan can convince him and his wife to come to Brisbane with him and skipper the club (earn big money) and fast track the rebuild that is required?

Hanley to the Suns with a pick
Lewis to Lions
Omeara to Hawks

Hartung and pick 23 to the Lions for Rockliff.

Out Hill Mitchell Hartung Lewis
In Omeara Mitchell Vickery Rockliff"

Sooo essentially Lewis for O'meara hahahaha f*** me!!!

I particularly liked the assertion that we'd give up something good for a disgruntled 31 year old past his prime being pushed out of the club ... lol

This one is very left field ...

But since Marcus Adams looks a lot like Dawes, do you think we could do some sort of "Twins on a wedding night" switcharoo?
348e127c567f051206998898e0281c85

chris-dawes_rht6ctuko23y162pao8u0tst1.jpg

... I'll see myself out ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back