The 2017 Rolling All-Australian Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Ablett should be an absolute lock. Top five midfielder in 2017, despite missing games.

If Ablett suffered an injury today and didn't play for the rest of the season he would have played 13 games and wouldn't even make the squad of 40.

'Lock' means that there is nothing that can happen to stop them from being in the team. How does Ablett fulfill that criteria right now?

Look let's look at the tall Defenders

For me 5 stand out

Henderson, Hurley, Rance, Talia, Howe

I'd have Henderson over Howe. Hendo has proved himself in big games and has been a rock Back for Geelong. Hurley is a certainty, they love Rance even though he hasn't been too flash this year

Grundy??

Could well be the CHB from the best defensive in the comp by seasons end.

There's very rarely ever a lock when it comes to midfielders. Especially at round 16. Merrett is having a great year yes, but There's about 20 midfielders having great years.
Yes, but do they play for Essendon?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure what more Jake Lloyd can do to break into some of these teams. He's gotta be close.
It seems getting a spot as a small defender is almost as hard as getting a spot in the midfield this season.

Quite a few topline small defenders are going to miss out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If Ablett suffered an injury today and didn't play for the rest of the season he would have played 13 games and wouldn't even make the squad of 40.

'Lock' means that there is nothing that can happen to stop them from being in the team. How does Ablett fulfill that criteria right now?
I don't think so unless he plays at least 18 games. I wouldn't want to see a T Mitchell, Ross, Merrett type miss out because Gary is in there.
Fair call. In the end, Gaz will only play 15 games this year the way it looks. When playing, personally I think only Danger and Martin have been clearly superior.

I don't think so unless he plays at least 18 games. I wouldn't want to see a T Mitchell, Ross, Merrett type miss out because Gary is in there.

Lol, Merrett plays nothing like Ross or T. Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My idea of a player that is a "lock" for AA, is that once they are a lock, they're always a lock.

It's actually annoying to see people misuse this term. Dangerfield is a lock. I don't think anyone else is right now.
People were using the term before the halfway mark of the season. It's stupid.

My idea of a player that is a "lock" for AA, is that once they are a lock, they're always a lock.

It's actually annoying to see people misuse this term. Dangerfield is a lock. I don't think anyone else is right now.

Happy to add Dusty, Zorko and Docherty to that list of locks, with Yeo and Krezuer a couple of good games away from joining. Unless they woke up this morning and somehow forgot how to kick a footy, I can't see them missing out. They've all had really dominant seasons.

Happy to add Dusty, Zorko and Docherty to that list of locks, with Yeo and Krezuer a couple of good games away from joining. Unless they woke up this morning and somehow forgot how to kick a footy, I can't see them missing out. They've all had really dominant seasons.

Zorko deserves it. Has been excellent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back