Analysis The 2017 Supercoach Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What does the season hold for Jack Trengove ? Seems a good player who needs some ( injury) luck to cement a best 22 spot ??
Only going to get a game if a number of others get hurt or he demolishes the VFL.

Will Petracca play midfield this year?

The short answer is yes, but how much time he spends in the midfield is open to conjecture. Our go to guys in there will be Jones, Tyson and Viney with others rotating through that include Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Bugg, Kennedy, Melksham, Vince, etc. Tyson has tweaked his knee, so that might give the others a bit more time at the start of the season. I think he's wasted playing as a flanker, so they'd be wanting to get him in there as much as possible, but you'd probably say the same about Brayshaw and Oliver... I don't know mate, I don't see him getting enough time to go 90+ this season unless he really breaks out and they don't want to hold him back.

So, there's probably better value options for a similar price who'll get more opportunity and also have MID-FWD DPP: Touk Miller, Acres, or Bennell for a punt.

The short answer is yes, but how much time he spends in the midfield is open to conjecture. Our go to guys in there will be Jones, Tyson and Viney with others rotating through that include Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Bugg, Kennedy, Melksham, Vince, etc. Tyson has tweaked his knee, so that might give the others a bit more time at the start of the season. I think he's wasted playing as a flanker, so they'd be wanting to get him in there as much as possible, but you'd probably say the same about Brayshaw and Oliver... I don't know mate, I don't see him getting enough time to go 90+ this season unless he really breaks out and they don't want to hold him back.

So, there's probably better value options for a similar price who'll get more opportunity and also have MID-FWD DPP: Touk Miller, Acres, or Bennell for a punt.

Damn... hoping he plays consistently through the middle.

Thanks for the response :)

I had about 5 or so Demons in my starting lineup last year - and they all did well for me.

This year I'm looking at Gawn and that's it.

Someone like Hanan might get a forward rookie spot, but only if he plays first up, which is unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have Gawn as a definite starter.

Players I'll be considering are Tmac Hibberd. Vince I'll watch closely on JLT and see what his role is as he can be selected as a back.

I'll also be watching Brayshaw closely given he can be selected a a forward.

Players like Tim Smith will be picked if they start round one. I think he the most likely of our first year players although he'll have to be elevated first.

I have Gawn as a definite starter.

Players I'll be considering are Tmac Hibberd. Vince I'll watch closely on JLT and see what his role is as he can be selected as a back.

I'll also be watching Brayshaw closely given he can be selected a a forward.

Players like Tim Smith will be picked if they start round one. I think he the most likely of our first year players although he'll have to be elevated first.

Yeh Tim Smith is a good one as well (like Hanan, will need to be picked in round 1).

I had a look at TMac and Hibberd too, but I'm just not convinced either will end up a top 6 defender.

Yeh Tim Smith is a good one as well (like Hanan, will need to be picked in round 1).

I had a look at TMac and Hibberd too, but I'm just not convinced either will end up a top 6 defender.
I've started to go off Hibberd recently. However he's pretty cheap and could go 90ish. Tmac went 95 couple years ago and came home strong last year. Despite his injury interrupted pre season I think he can get back to 95+. But yeah not convinced.

What does the season hold for Jack Trengove ? Seems a good player who needs some ( injury) luck to cement a best 22 spot ??
If you want to well at Supercoach, your first rule should be never select players from the side you barrack for unless they:
  1. Are less than 200k
  2. Are more than 500k in Defense, Ruck or Forward lines or
  3. Are more than 580k in the Midfield

If you want to well at Supercoach, your first rule should be never select players from the side you barrack for unless they:
  1. Are less than 200k
D) were Tom McDonald in 2015
Know a Dees guy that smashed that

1. Are less than 200k

For about 4 years I ran with a simplified version; 'don't pick any Melbourne players'.

It worked really well.

I broke it last year and picked a handful of Dees which worked out ok, but yeh this year I'll be avoiding everyone except Gawn and potentially any rookies we pick in round 1.

So I'm currently looking at;

DEF: Docherty, Laird, Johanison + 5 rookies

MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Ablett, Swallow + 6 rookies

RUCK: Gawn, Goldstein, Strnadica

FOR: Dahlhaus, MaCrae, Ryder + 5 rookies

I've got my eye on a bunch of rookies but I won't bother telling you which ones because they are subject to a lot of change prior to round 1 selection.

I might have enough cash for another premium in there somewhere as well.

What do you think Jiska?

I think picking Melbourne players other than Gawn or rookies is dangerous. Although I'll be keeping an eye on a few players in JLT. Namely Hibberd and Tmac. There is also a possibility someone else will bob up.

Brayshaw is a bit of a smoky this year given he can be picked as a forward. Vince as a defender is also interesting however I don't have either at this stage.

I think picking Melbourne players other than Gawn or rookies is dangerous. Although I'll be keeping an eye on a few players in JLT. Namely Hibberd and Tmac. There is also a possibility someone else will bob up.

Brayshaw is a bit of a smoky this year given he can be picked as a forward. Vince as a defender is also interesting however I don't have either at this stage.

I'm tipping Brayshaw to have a little break-out this year.

But for Supercoach purposes, $350k is a price I would only pay for a proven scorer who is returning from injury, ala Wells last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back