List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vin Rogue

All Australian
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I doubt he is staying. Don't care where he is going as long as it isn't to the Swans.
Will Fyfe's playing future equal the quality of his past footy? I have my doubts. If we wish to make a devil may care raid, better we aim for Bontempelli or take a very hard look at some of the young recruits at GWS. The quicker we force the GWS kids wages into rare atmosphere, the quicker GWS will come back to the pack. We could become real off field mongrels to gain on field wins with the likes of GWS.

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
The brisby lions look to have an embarrassment of riches in the young talented key forward department. With schache hipwood close McStay all there and ballenden to be drafted next year. I think someone will be on the trade table around when we are looking to let Buddy no longer be the main man.

On Galaxy Nexus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
This should make many of you happy with me :rolleyes: as I've found the next one that could add something we lack in our team!
MONGREL!

How would you all feel if we were into Dustin Martin?

Please discuss & abuse me here in this special thread made by RW.

Any one is welcome!

This should make many of you happy with me :rolleyes: as I've found the next one that could add something we lack in our team!
MONGREL!

Any one is welcome!

We can be into him as much as we want, we aren't getting him.

MONGREL!

Any one is welcome!

Rather avoid Martin. Cost too much, and he does come with a LOT of baggage for the price we'd have to pay. Not worth it.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Saw Dusty hanging around with Michael Gardiner on Sunday morning...thought that was interesting.

gardiner, kerr, cousins et al... they seem to have idolised some sort of gangster lifestyle. i've never come across a more deluded group of footballers in my life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

l, I'd also have no hesitation in giving up Jones and Reid for Fyfe.

I reckon you will rethink the Jones comment after half a dozen rounds this year. He looks to me to be an absolute vital cog, in skill and mongerel, two things we cannot give away too lightly. I am really looking forward to his year this year.

Last edited:
I reckon you will rethink the Jones comment after half a dozen rounds this year. He looks to me to be an absolute vital cog, in skill and monger, two things we cannot give away too lightly. I am really looking forward to his year this year.
I don't see why he would rethink the Jones comment. He's mentioned trading him and an inconsistent swingman for the best player in the league. To turn that trade down you would at a minimum be seeing Zak Jones as a top 10 midfielder. That doesn't mean he is saying Jones is s**t.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
our inconsistent swingman was integral to a premiership not long ago. last time i checked fyfe hasn't got one of those. but maybe the latter is beside the point. maybe the point is that we have accumulated some high draft picks over the past few years which is rare for us. it means we don't need to trade in as many players as we used to because we can now develop from within to a greater extent. further, if we could afford fyfe (which we can't even if you combine reid and jones salaries) we would have kept mitchell. fyfe and buddy are two of the best and most highly paid players in the comp and we 'can't have everyone', if i remember rightly. a midfield of the future built on heeney, mills, florent, hayward, hewett and jones could be quite reasonable. who knows, bj might even grow a pair and share one of them with hc...

our inconsistent swingman was integral to a premiership not long ago. last time i checked fyfe hasn't got one of those. but maybe the latter is beside the point.
You're damn right it is beside the point, unless you're claiming Toby Thurstans is better than Tony Lockett because he was a key forward in a premiership side.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
You're damn right it is beside the point, unless you're claiming Toby Thurstans is better than Tony Lockett because he was a key forward in a premiership side.

nice work quoting me out of context.

the first part of your response is just saying what i said in a bias way. to suggest i was saying fyfe is as important as reid is ridiculous.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Reid is only guilty of being inconsistent in being fit enough to get on the ground.

Not sure where how he is classified as inconsistent as a player when he is fulfilling a role given to him by the coaches.
When on the park he does his job.
The guy can play IMO.

I reckon you will rethink the Jones comment after half a dozen rounds this year. He looks to me to be an absolute vital cog, in skill and monger, two things we cannot give away too lightly. I am really looking forward to his year this year.
You don't think that Fyfe would bring skill and monger? Have you seen him play?

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Reid is only guilty of being inconsistent in being fit enough to get on the ground.

Not sure where how he is classified as inconsistent as a player when he is fulfilling a role given to him by the coaches.
When on the park he does his job.
The guy can play IMO.
Sam Reid.PNG

This is Sam Reid's games played per year. I think he can improve, but the perception that he has been incapable of getting on the park is untrue, and quashed by swansfan51 on several occasions

View attachment 339994
This is Sam Reid's games played per year. I think he can improve, but the perception that he has been incapable of getting on the park is untrue, and quashed by swansfan51 on several occasions
I can't take credit for that, I think it was quashed by RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back