Banter The 2019-20 offseason offtopic chat thread (a.k.a. The Steam Room)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have lots of oysters,the catch being you must consume them where they are, you can't remove them and take them home.No mussels up this way and the yabbies we have are red claw,I can't tell you much about them I haven't chased them.I'm told they are good tucker and good size critters though.
About 10 years back me and another guy used to pinch them off leases when I lived on the North Coast.
Drank for free for a little while.
Yeah I miss the prawns. Bout halfway through October they used to turn up.

About 10 years back me and another guy used to pinch them off leases when I lived on the North Coast.
Drank for free for a little while.
Yeah I miss the prawns. Bout halfway through October they used to turn up.
I've got carried away this arvo and just bought another net.I had to go to garage to see how many I already had, 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the tennis. Get stuck right into that come Jan, then soon enough its back to March/AFL.

Don't mind it with the TV on mute so I don't have to listen to the grunting...

Don't mind it with the TV on mute so I don't have to listen to the grunting...

Was staying in a rather expensive hotel last night, with rather thin walls.

The couple next door must have been watching the tennis.

Was watching the video below and think ice hockey might have it over us for shirtfronts and big hits.

Hockey players can also be quite large (ref. Dave 'Cement Head' Semenko) :) though small guys can make it. I enjoyed hockey immensely during my college daze. my school was right near the Canadian border, our TV (small, b/w, red plastic was I swear was the same stuff as my old transistor radio lol) could get our local town channel and one channel from Vancouver. I watched the rise of Gretzky and the Oilers on the TV. Could probably still name many of the players from those years. I always thought controlled fighting was a smart move on the league's part. There are many great mic'ed up videos on the net.

for sports rivalry enthusiasts... it's the week of the "The Game" with those bastards from the school up north. :)
I was born in Columbus, my first real, human heroes were Buckeye players, and I knew of Woody Hayes before Woody Woodpecker :) Funny thing was I didn't get it from my family. I was the first child in the extended families that wasn't born in northern Minnesota. A bit like Geelong I guess, but OSU football just permeates everything. I loved seeing that Geelong kid punt for the Buckeyes a couple of years ago, too bad he didn't make it to the NFL. Seahawks have an Aussie Rules guy kicking for them though :)
Anyway, for anyone interested in sports lore and a good story here's a new documentary about the rivalry. It's slow starting but there's some funny stuff in it.

Hockey players can also be quite large (ref. Dave 'Cement Head' Semenko) :) though small guys can make it. I enjoyed hockey immensely during my college daze. my school was right near the Canadian border, our TV (small, b/w, red plastic was I swear was the same stuff as my old transistor radio lol) could get our local town channel and one channel from Vancouver. I watched the rise of Gretzky and the Oilers on the TV. Could probably still name many of the players from those years. I always thought controlled fighting was a smart move on the league's part. There are many great mic'ed up videos on the net.
Hahaha collector items now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back