News The 2018 Brownlow Medal winner! Tom Mitchell!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell 28 votes
O’Meara 13
Cognilio 11
Shiel 10
McEvoy 8
Shiels 8
Smith 6
Nice looking midfield there!!
Jaeger polling 13 votes is bloody huge for the future of this club, the guy is a jet and he has far exceeded my expectations of him this year and i have always been very bullish on him.

Jaeger polling 13 votes is bloody huge for the future of this club, the guy is a jet and he has far exceeded my expectations of him this year and i have always been very bullish on him.
6 career votes over 3 seasons where he played games
13 this year

Congratulations Tom! What a year he had after producing an even better season then last year.

When I posted on the mainboard earlier today that Gawn won’t poll as well as some think due to Brayshaw and Oliver likely to steal votes off him I got laughed at.

There’s so many offended opposition fans out there who are melting hard. Love it. :D

5th best lol

Good for him and the club’s persistence in making him a hawk. The guy is a bull and deserves more. He will get it at hawthorn.

Huge night for JOM also. Need a Richmond run re injuries and support staff in the midfield.

Great night for the direction of the club.

KOLOKOTRONIS

All Tom ever wanted to do is to be playing in the Swans senior team and he wanted it so much more than the people watching, waiting and wondering exactly how many possessions he needed to gather at reserves level to be given his next game. It was 64 one week, and not even that was enough to be picked to play by super coach Longmire and co.

Congratulations on your Brownlow win Tom Mitchell you're a worthy winner, not only as footballer but as a person as well, and its an honour and a privilege to see you playing for the Hawthorn Football Club.

PS Thanks Buddy for opening the door to providing us with this opportunity to have such a great player playing for our great club and possibly our future captain for many years to come.

Richmond 78 votes vs Collingwood 96 votes. Strange one or a reflection of the Tigers not having high possession getters?

Team game vs individuals. I think our vote totals were less than stellar 2013-15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Mitchell came to this club with his sleeves rolled up and ready to work hard.

2 years later those sleeves have been rolled up so far, and so tightly, that their incredible density actually helps attract both the ball and opposition taggers.

There's not many people know that.

Congratulations Tom! What a year he had after producing an even better season then last year.

When I posted on the mainboard earlier today that Gawn won’t poll as well as some think due to Brayshaw and Oliver likely to steal votes off him I got laughed at.

There’s so many offended opposition fans out there who are melting hard. Love it. :D
Gawn polled close to prediction. He just didn’t play enough vote winning games early in the year to stay in touch with Tom. Incredible for a ruck to poll that well. Demonstrates how good he is.

What's with guys named Mitchell who have obsessive compulsive behavioural needs to just be the best damn footy player around? Whatever it is, can we keep making sure we pick these players up to play for Hawthorn? Tom comes in to Waverley on his day off every week? Betting Sam probably did the same.

If I may be a little controversial, I reckon the heavy tagging on him in his last couple of games wasn't the only reason he didn't play outstandingly well at the end. Even I was thinking during those games 'whatever you do, don't get reported ffs.' Methinks he was only hitting contests at 95% just to make sure there was no accidents or incidents to be viewed by the mrp. It's human nature. It had to be playing on his mind. Thankfully, he had enuf votes stored in the bank by that time.

Anyway, congrats Tom Mitchell, a very worthy Brownlow Medallist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back