Autopsy The 2018 Club & Player Review (A season to mostly forget, but...)

Remove this Banner Ad

The games missed to injury for us, Adelaide & worryingly Collingwood would have taken a toll on the W-L record for 2018. Say each side with that level of games missed was impacted by -3 to -5 in terms of wins then it makes a lot more sense why we finished 2-20, why Adelaide didn't make the 8 & scary thing for Collingwood is why they didn't finish top 2!

Didn't find a thread specific to off-field so this seemed as good as any.

Has anyone ever questioned John Barker's position at the club? He was the forward coach for a fair period there and so many forwards you lost went on to flourish at other clubs. That can't just be a coincidence can it?

I still remember a time back in 08 when Barker came into the JB I was working at at the time and I asked him what he did at Hawthorn and he told me "Forward line coach" and I jokingly said "Forward line coach? With Franklin, Roughead, Rioli etc. in there? I guess you don't have a hell of a lot of work to do?" and he just had a laugh about it.

I just feel like he's been there a long time and he seems to be the only one who isn't being moved on and I'm not sure why. Maybe I don't watch you guys close enough but I feel like any area he looks after underperforms and players in that area of the ground struggle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back