List Mgmt. The 2018 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should be redoubling our efforts to sign Will Brodie from GCS.

This week we'll find out what our midfield looks like without Josh Kennedy carrying the heavy load on the inside.

All over Brodie. I have heard that he is very lazy and lacks effort at the club which is why he is on the outer. Swans will either ignore him completely because of that or maybe we are the type of team to turn that around.

Updated draft rankings after U18 championship
http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...tmare-power-rankings-changes-18-championships
Should Blakey go at pick 7 we'd only use our first round pick and part of the points from one of our second picks. Good thing for us it's a strong draft!

If Lloyd is priced out of the Swans, then bundle Lloyd & Newman and our first pick 14-18 for one of GCS early picks (1-5), take which ever player is available and then take Blakey and upgrade or unsure if and when Ronke and O'Riordan are placed on the main list.

I like all our Rookies (Fox should play most weeks) and I would think that Styles is the least ready player. (In the minority but I still think PINK might make it, 2 more years to see)

Jake Brown is very similarly to Lloyd, a very good kick, can ran all day, can kick on both feet, good decision making, but the knocks are he is a bit slow and not hard at the ball or body.

Nearly all of our listed Rookies look like capable of playing AFL and we can keep going forward and not held onto the past.

If Lloyd is priced out of the Swans, then bundle Lloyd & Newman and our first pick 14-18 for one of GCS early picks (1-5), take which ever player is available and then take Blakey and upgrade or unsure if and when Ronke and O'Riordan are placed on the main list.

O’Riordan was elevated to the senior list for 2018 and signed a 2 year contract that’ll end in 2019.

Ronke elevation can count towards one of our mandatory selections at the national draft I believe.

Agree with your Lloyd concept. Either do that (if he wants to go), or if we cannot get a selection that high we should trade our first rounder for a best 22 player that suits our needs.

All over Brodie. I have heard that he is very lazy and lacks effort at the club which is why he is on the outer. Swans will either ignore him completely because of that or maybe we are the type of team to turn that around.
Thanks for that. A good background there in Brodie's case, AA U16 and Murray Bushrangers. I'm confident the Swans club culture would get him sorted.

Lets face it, what has he got to play for at the Suns.

O’Riordan was elevated to the senior list for 2018 and signed a 2 year contract that’ll end in 2019.

Ronke elevation can count towards one of our mandatory selections at the national draft I believe.

Agree with your Lloyd concept. Either do that (if he wants to go), or if we cannot get a selection that high we should trade our first rounder for a best 22 player that suits our needs.

Whatever happens, I don't believe we will let any player go that we really want to keep.
If we don't up our offer to Lloyd then it would be because we are prepared to lose him. Hell, just go back to ROK & that tells you that we don't mess around anymore no matter who the player is. The club is greater than the individual.

I like all our Rookies (Fox should play most weeks) and I would think that Styles is the least ready player. (In the minority but I still think PINK might make it, 2 more years to see)

Jake Brown is very similarly to Lloyd, a very good kick, can ran all day, can kick on both feet, good decision making, but the knocks are he is a bit slow and not hard at the ball or body.

Nearly all of our listed Rookies look like capable of playing AFL and we can keep going forward and not held onto the past.

Whose 'knocks' are those on Brown?

To me his strengths are that he is hard around the ball and body and is a good kick.

There is no way we are getting gc's first for those two players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never know whats another 18yr kid gonna do for them?

imo, newman would not be even worth a pick upgrade. he is worth more to us than anyone else as is lloyd. the most i can see anyone giving up for lloyd is a late second rounder.

if we want to bring some quality in we have to look at trading quality out. lloyd is a link man who doesn't have a penetrating kick (like malceski eg) and isn't overly quick. his job is to get the ball to our good players. these sort of players are a dime a dozen.

Whatever happens, I don't believe we will let any player go that we really want to keep.
If we don't up our offer to Lloyd then it would be because we are prepared to lose him. Hell, just go back to ROK & that tells you that we don't mess around anymore no matter who the player is. The club is greater than the individual.

Totally agree.

GCS need senior players who will improve their list. They have become a nursery for other clubs. Lots of early picks doesn't help you when your losing young players every year, senior players are coming to stay.

The Weller trade last year was abominable, the Lloyd etc trade is a 'good practice' protocol if it ever happens.

GCS
Lloyd - locked in best 22 in every club
Newman - 18-25 player
Pick 14-18 - First rounder
(Possibly some other players)

Swans
Early pick & Pick 30 or Pick 38

The Tom Lynch (compo pick/s or trade) adds another layer.

At the moment GCS (after R14) and (GCS ending up 17 or 18th) have

2, 16, 20, 25, 30, 38, 42

A bold strategy but good for both clubs.

Polec left bris because he was homesick.

further, i doubt we will offer more than nm's reported 700000 per season for 5 years.

i wouldn't want polec. too inconsistent from my pov but dont think he would come or that we can afford him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back